Hasbrotoyshop.com NYCC2011 Exclusives + HopShopGo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hasbrotoyshop.com NYCC2011 Exclusives + HopShopGo

Post by awe on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 pm

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives

I just placed an order for Compound Hulk using hopshopgo.com and a US Paypal account (er, hem). US$9.99 for the fig seemed like a good price for an experiment.

I'm not all that excited about the figure (even though I'm a Hulk fan), but I've been waiting for an excuse to try out HopShopGo to see if it would actually work and Hasbro's site has always frustrated me since its only ever open to people in the US. I couldn't even use an Aussie Paypal account, as they detected and rejected it. What's the frickin' problem? Money is money right?

Anyway, I'll post back here how it goes. I'm already up to US$16.97 with shipping to the Portland, OR address that HopShopGo gave me.

awe

Number of posts : 488
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hasbrotoyshop.com NYCC2011 Exclusives + HopShopGo

Post by awe on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Ouch!

Compound Hulk showed up at the U.S. address yesterday, so that part is all good. However to ship back to Oz... US$38.

Even though I expected to pay a premium for a service that can get around a lack of willingness to ship overseas from the States, HopShopGo makes Buy It Now prices on the 'bay look reasonable. I don't think I paid much more to ship an entire set of DCUC (Bane series) unopened.

I was hoping this service would act kind of like a "friend in the U.S." but there's just too much of a premium involved here. If I had dug a little deeper on their site or on other forums I probably could have sussed that it was too good to true.

Lesson learned.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:34 pm

If you added more to the lot to ship from the US to here, would the price rise? Is there a weight cap? $38 sounds awfully high for the one figure..

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:39 am

That why you ship it to your 'friend' in the USA Octane and he will ship it to you.

But only if you ask nice........

Yes $38 is excessive. I just shipped Fresh a Classic Thundercat and Clone SNES/NES gaming system for a couple of $$ more than that....

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:39 am

Awe,
Thanks for experimenting it shows me what its like to use taht service. I think I will have to stick to ebay.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

Shocka wrote:If you added more to the lot to ship from the US to here, would the price rise? Is there a weight cap? $38 sounds awfully high for the one figure..

Yeah, sadly, I don't think you can save on shipping that way. They gave me a breakdown with the "chargeable weight" as 2.0 kg. Their shipping rates given for Australia...

<snip>
Shipping Rates (excluding PayPal 10% discount)
Prime member? See your special rates

Description | Express | Standard
First 0.5kg US$ 28.80 US$ 24.00
Every additional 0.5kg US$ 4.80 US$ 4.00
</snip>

Then there was a couple of bucks for a fuel surcharge and some change for mandatory insurance.

This was available from the outset but I probably got caught up in the moment. Excited by "beating" the system Rolling Eyes and didn't bother with the math.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Just to end this saga on a positive note, Compound Hulk arrived at the door step today (and I mean literally just left at the door step). I'm sure that's the fastest that I've ever received anything from the US.

After inexplicably sitting over in the States with HopShopGo for a few days, I got a notification on the 31st that it had been shipped and to expect it on the 8th. (I then got another shipment notification the next day saying it would show up on the 9th. *shrug*)

So he showed up early. About 4 days assuming their shipment notification wasn't sent late.

awe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top