The Wind Raider

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wind Raider

Post by DroothR on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 am

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/10/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-wind-raider
Look, I love Masters of the Universe and I have for as far back as I can remember, but I can understand when someone doesn’t care for a particular figure or line – everyone has their specific tastes; that is cool though, that is what makes things diverse. However, if you don’t like the Wind Raider, I am afraid I have nothing for you, this baby works on every single level.
^True.

Shocked

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1509
Trading Status : 23
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wind Raider

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Hells yeah!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:05 pm

This is going to look amazing in the display!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Artistix wrote:This is ... look amazing ... !
Fixed.

tongue

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:06 pm

I was planning to get 2 Raiders... I'm heavily tempted to forget about Demo-Man and BG Evil Lyn and grab 3!

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 am

That flight stand is the icing on a very delicious cake!

Oz-Scott

Number of posts : 189
Trading Status : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Arrow Be sure to double-check your Wind Raider, and make sure it's not missing it's guns.

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:40 pm

WTF? Seriously, what's next? Evil or Very Mad

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Rolling Eyes

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

I've had pretty good luck so far with the QC issues. Goddess has stayed in tact, Swifty has normal legs & I hope there are no missing guns on my Raiders.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 am

Mine arrived before Christmas! (fast shipping)

Oz-Scott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Oz-Scott wrote:

Gold! cheers

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 am

Great pics!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 pm

Wind Raider "Underperformed" by Mattel Standards

A recent Mattel Q&A question revealed something that most hardcore fans would swear that was impossible -- that the Wind Raider, the very first vehicle in the MOTUC toyline underperformed by Mattel standards.

Here is a Q&A that was answered on Ask Matty that questions this issue!

Wind Raider sold out in 3 days, 7 hours - not good enough???

Your response to the Wind Raider question doesn't make much sense. Correct me if it's wrong information, but according to the It'salltrue.net MOTUC checklist the Wind Raider sold out in 3 days and 7 hours ( itsalltrue.net MOTUC checklist ). What is wrong with that type of performance on the first vehicle? Did you guys only make a small run or did you not price it correctly to make enough money? If that's the case, then it's Mattel's fault and has nothing to do with fan demand. Please clarify Toyguru as your response and the fast sellout don't match up.

Sorry, I know fans want more details, but this is not information Mattel makes public. The Windraider did do well. It was just not a breakout success the way Battlecat was as the first beast. Also, one of the factors the WR has "against" it is it is a one time use tool. Battle Cat (and most other large scale beasts) have shared parts so the tooling can be spread over time. For WR all of the tooling and work had to go into one item that in the end only did "okay" for us.

This in no way means the line is ending or bad things are coming. I'm just trying to be upfront/honest with fans and manage expectations.

Overall the line is doing great and even the Jan figures are doing awesome. Star Sisters is close to selling out (they have already well surpassed the WR in sales) and all of the re-releases are doing better then they ever have. 2012 is going to be a great year for MOTU!

Toyguru came by the He-Man.org forums to clarify these statements with some more facts:

Guys, just to take a step back here, would you prefer I lied to you and said it was a huge smash? I'm trying to be honest and give you correct info.

There was more tooling put into the Windraider then we would have used for a figure like Ram Man. It was a HUGE investment in not just tooling but man hours. I'm giving you the truth, I'm not going to mislead anyone. Yeesh. If I knew the reaction would have been like this I might have just asked PR to write "no comment" or "Mattel does not release this info" in the Q & A when they ask for my input on brand specific questions that come in.

Look, bottom line is the WR underperformed, simple as that. I do my best to always give customers and fans the true info. If you are going to hang me out to dry over giving you a straight truthful answer, I'm honestly not sure what I should do.

I'm not going to ever intentionally lie to the customer base. If that means sometimes there is bad news or not as good news, so be it. It sure beats giving out false info and giving people the wrong impression on how things perform. I would think above all you would want the truth and that is what you got.

Hope this helps!
Mattel:

Where selling out 100% of inventory is not good enough.

Neutral

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 am

DroothR wrote:
Wind Raider "Underperformed" by Mattel Standards

A recent Mattel Q&A question revealed something that most hardcore fans would swear that was impossible -- that the Wind Raider, the very first vehicle in the MOTUC toyline underperformed by Mattel standards.

Here is a Q&A that was answered on Ask Matty that questions this issue!

Wind Raider sold out in 3 days, 7 hours - not good enough???

Your response to the Wind Raider question doesn't make much sense. Correct me if it's wrong information, but according to the It'salltrue.net MOTUC checklist the Wind Raider sold out in 3 days and 7 hours ( itsalltrue.net MOTUC checklist ). What is wrong with that type of performance on the first vehicle? Did you guys only make a small run or did you not price it correctly to make enough money? If that's the case, then it's Mattel's fault and has nothing to do with fan demand. Please clarify Toyguru as your response and the fast sellout don't match up.

Sorry, I know fans want more details, but this is not information Mattel makes public. The Windraider did do well. It was just not a breakout success the way Battlecat was as the first beast. Also, one of the factors the WR has "against" it is it is a one time use tool. Battle Cat (and most other large scale beasts) have shared parts so the tooling can be spread over time. For WR all of the tooling and work had to go into one item that in the end only did "okay" for us.

This in no way means the line is ending or bad things are coming. I'm just trying to be upfront/honest with fans and manage expectations.

Overall the line is doing great and even the Jan figures are doing awesome. Star Sisters is close to selling out (they have already well surpassed the WR in sales) and all of the re-releases are doing better then they ever have. 2012 is going to be a great year for MOTU!

Toyguru came by the He-Man.org forums to clarify these statements with some more facts:

Guys, just to take a step back here, would you prefer I lied to you and said it was a huge smash? I'm trying to be honest and give you correct info.

There was more tooling put into the Windraider then we would have used for a figure like Ram Man. It was a HUGE investment in not just tooling but man hours. I'm giving you the truth, I'm not going to mislead anyone. Yeesh. If I knew the reaction would have been like this I might have just asked PR to write "no comment" or "Mattel does not release this info" in the Q & A when they ask for my input on brand specific questions that come in.

Look, bottom line is the WR underperformed, simple as that. I do my best to always give customers and fans the true info. If you are going to hang me out to dry over giving you a straight truthful answer, I'm honestly not sure what I should do.

I'm not going to ever intentionally lie to the customer base. If that means sometimes there is bad news or not as good news, so be it. It sure beats giving out false info and giving people the wrong impression on how things perform. I would think above all you would want the truth and that is what you got.

Hope this helps!
Mattel:

Neutral

And TG wonders why he gets so much hate.

Oz-Scott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm

DroothR wrote:Mattel:

Neutral

I've always found this really odd about Mattel, although I have a feeling that they treat their stock like timed commodities so if something doesn't sell out straight away they are more inclined to stop selling it and save the stock for a future sale than letting it actually sell out. Maybe they do that as a fear marketing tactic so things seem more rare than they actually are.

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top