Hot Toys Battery Leakage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hot Toys Battery Leakage

Post by diabolikprime on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 am

Hey there everybody! Just wondered if anyone has had any problems with battery leakage with their battery operated Hot Toys i.e. Iron Man MK I, II, III, IV, V, VI, War Machine, Batman DX, etc. Just been reading some horror stories online about MISB collectors opening up their prized figures to find the contacts and plastic have been corroded by cheap batteries exploding/leaking whilst still packaged. It makes sense... I mean NO battery lasts forever... it's just the opening of the box and removing said batteries that's the annoying part. Anyways... Just a heads up is all. I have removed all batteries from my Hot Toys but didn't find any that were already corroded. Like I said... If you didn't know... you do now. Smile

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hot Toys Battery Leakage

Post by diabolikprime on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Well... it seems there is weight to this theory as I had missed opening my Iron Man MKII figure and once I did I found all 3 batteries corroded in his neck and 3 in his right arm. All plastics and contacts are fine though. So... there you go... remove the batteries or they will destroy your battery operated Hot Toy.

diabolikprime

Number of posts : 324
Trading Status : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juggernaut on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:09 am

I recently got a Hot Toys War Machine Bust, and found that the Off/On switch seems to have an (unintentional) midway setting. This causes the lights to stay on at a dim setting. If you didn't notice it, it'd probably drain/leak the battery. Mad

Juggernaut

Number of posts : 190
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2011-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top