2012 April & May figure reveals from Power Con!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 April & May figure reveals from Power Con!

Post by DroothR on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:54 am

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/09/masters-of-the-universe-classics-reveals-at-power-con

Very Happy

• April - Monthly: Stinkor
    Perfect blend of vintage and 200X. Uses Beastman's body, has 3-toed boot feet, respirator tank and tube, plus modern and old-school Mer-Man heads. Oh, and he'll stink too.

• April - Oversized: Griffin
    Beastman's mount from the 200X series. Re-uses much of the Battle-Cat mold, and is full of Anime Hyper-Detail®.

• April - Non-Sub: Snake Mountain stands
    Featuring lava and pointy rocks. They don't look anywhere near as modular or interconnectable as the more generic Grayskull stands.

• May - Monthly: Slushhead (aka. Kalamar)
    Has removable helmet, so it can be filled with water if the customer wishes. Re-uses Whiplash legs and the 3-toed beast feet.

• May - 30th Anniversary: The Mighty Spector (designed by Toy Guru)
    What can one say. It looks like a weird Deadpool repaint. To me it looks like a DCUC figure, not a MotUC one.

• 2012 Convention Exclusive: Temple Of Darkness Sorceress
    It's the same as the subscription Sorceress, only she's wearing all-white (with what looks to be a semi-translucent wing-cape), and she comes with the Grayskull Orb stand that was shown at this year's SDCC. She'll be sold at every major convention in 2012, with "remaining stock" to be sold on MattyCollector.com in December 2012.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 April & May figure reveals from Power Con!

Post by NiteOwl on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 am

I really like that Griffin, I'm with you on that Mighty Spector figure.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 am

Here's some more pics, from The Org:

Meanwhile AFI has posted a photo of Thunder-Punch He-Man with a clip on "thunder-punch" accessory! http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/reveals-from-power-con

Also from The Org:

Wink

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am

Stinkor! Probably the only one I'm excited about. Griffin is ok, Slushhead is what he is.

Don't give a crap about the rest (although the SM stands look like nice... thought they would have just recoloured the Grayskull stands). Glad I didn't get the 30th sub, as it's so far batting 1 out of 3 for mine.

Stinkor is just pretty. Another one nailed. How come they can do something like that that combines the vintage/200X so well, but fail on Snoutspout completely? :/

Last edited by Jor-El on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am

Stinkor, griffin, stands, sorceress ( if it can be actually bought) = win.

slushead, guess its well done, dont know the character, so not a must.

ditto on the spectre thing. kinda boring, nothing otherworldly about it. would be nice if there was option to 'pass' on it.

but lovin ol skunk boy though! ahh better pics whoot!

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:33 am

Really like that recolour sorceress ! kinda reminds me of movie sorceress, not that its particularly something i was after, but yeh, white is very etheral!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:02 am

Great figures! Spector is weird looking. Actually I should probably say he isn't weird looking enough! Laughing

Bios
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=204950&page=61

Sorceress - Heroic Guardian of Castle Grayskull

Growing up in a small Eternian village, Teela’na helped defend her people from a Horde Scout ship that had discovered her planet on a magic locating mission. Recognized for her loyalty, courage and wisdom, the current aging Sorceress chose Teela’na to take up her title and defend Castle Grayskull’s secrets for the next generation. During her reign as Sorceress, Teela’na not only cast the spell to clone the Sword of He, she was also cloned herself by Skeletor, who desired a magic-wielding bride to pass on his legacy. With the help of Man-At-Arms, Teela’na saved the cloned child. And it was through her undying love and devotion to this baby girl that Teela’na gave her up to Man-At-Arms, awaiting the day when her daughter would become the new Sorceress and Guardian of Castle Grayskull’s secrets.

Temple of Darkness Sorceress - Heroic Guardian of Castle Grayskull

To safeguard the Power of the Universe after their secret bargain with Trolla, Grayskull’s Elders transfused the power from the Sword of He into a giant orb, which they hid deep within the abyss below Castle Grayskull. There, Grayskull’s widow took up the lonely duty of Sorceress, guarding the castle to prevent the power from falling into the wrong hands. For five millennia, her students continued this role while the castle faded from memory into legend. At the end of the Great Unrest, a new Sorceress named Teela’na helped the remaining Elders combine their wisdom to tap into Eternia’s magical secrets with the orb, creating a new, unified force which would be called upon as the “Power of Grayskull” named for the castle which hid it.

Fearless Photog - Heroic Master of Cameras

Apprentice to Gwildor, Jey often daydreamed of life as a member of the Masters of the Universe. His dreams became a reality when he was selected along with five other inventors by the Science Council to journey to Eternos to present his latest creation: The Photog Emulator. During the presentation, a slight miscalculation led to a flux overload merging Jey with his invention. Finding he could drain his enemies’ powers and display their defeat on his chest, Jey called himself the Fearless Photog and was offered membership with his idols in the Masters of the Universe. He heroically fought during the Second Ultimate Battleground helping to defeat several of Skeletor’s warriors including Clawful and Whiplash. Photog drains his enemies power, displaying their defeat for all to see!

Star Sisters
Jewelstar - Hidden Beauty

Starla - Bright and Beautiful Leader

Tallstar - Lovely Lookout

In ancient times, an evil sorceress became jealous of the Star Sisters’ youth and beauty and trapped them in a shooting star. It was sent hurling through the cosmos until the three women crash-landed on Etheria. There, they remained magically confined in the side of a mountain until the day Swiftwind’s hooves accidentally loosened the stone that concealed the prison. She-Ra quickly used her powers to melt away the star that held them captive. In gratitude, the sisters pledged their everlasting friendship. Jewelstar magically conjures gem armor to protect herself and others. Tallstar uses her magic to stretch to unbelievable heights. Starla with her pet Glorybird, can sense danger and project spells of light against her foes. Together, they stand side-by-side with She-Ra in the battle for freedom.

Last edited by Artistix on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:40 am

Stinkor looks cool, but I'm not sure he is a must-have for me.

IMHO, all the rest are easy passes. Slushhead looks cool, but I've no affection for the character as I never watched NA and I never had the NA figures. The Sorceress also looks decent for a re-paint, but pales in comparison to the January version. The "translucent" cape could work well on characters like Frosta and for the "skirts" on many of the POP figures.

IMHO, The Mighty Spector is a mighty failure. I wouldn't mind seeing a MOTUC figure based on classic "superhero" designs because with barbarians, cowboys, ninjas, knights, etc it does seem to be one area that is missing (along with a Gladiator inspired figure), but The Mighty Spector doesn't really work for MOTUC.

The Griffin is very cool, but apart from the main beasts for the leaders (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra and Hordak), I'm really not interested in any beasts or vehicles.

Last edited by Xenaphobia on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To remove negativity!)

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 am

Sorceress wont be available at San Diego SDCC 2012, only at every other US convention in 2012.

I think the reveals were terrific, Stinkor is great as long as i can remove the tanks and face mask (which i believe if i read correctly i can) And for the record i think they nailed Snout Spout aswell....

Slushie looks cool, will be good to add to the NA section...

Im happy with the griffin and the stands aswell.

And the touguru 30th ann fig, well you have to take it for what it is, a newly created character SEPERATE to the main line, just as an extra way to get some other figs out for the 30th anniversary of He-man. 2 points though, firstly the Palace guard was a generic guard with no name, just with the likeness of toyguru, not a specific Lt Spector. And 2nd this was toyguru's submission for the original create a character contest, so all this mallarky about him ripping off Deadpool is just horse manure. (begin mini rant) I am so sick of all the negativity when toyguru does anything outside what is expected in this line, fair enough i love to read opinions on the figure as to whether people like it or not and why, but to speculate its origins, post these comparison pics and generally bring down the mood of what is supposed to be a positive MOTU weekend is just insipid and just plain rude. You either like the figures and will buy them, or you don't and won't, but lets all (.org is the worst place for it) try and keep the subject a little positive for those of us that do like EVERYTHING about what was shown at power-con(rant ended)

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 am

Dabigfella wrote: this was toyguru's submission for the original create a character contest

Cool! I hadn't seen that info.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:09 am

Oops me, either.

Will they write him in as Evil Lyn's son seeing as though he has the little cosmic key on his wrist.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:31 am

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=17725

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 am

With Stinkor's armour being made now, perhaps Mekanek wont be far away??

Heres hoping!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Awesome, clear images from The Fwoosh.

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:41 pm

You either like the figures and will buy them, or you don't and won't,
No you can't. If you buy the Sub you HAVE to buy these figures, whether you like them or not....there is no choice, so everyone has a right to bag the toyguru because quite frankly, the guy is an ass. Expecting people to purchase the sub BEFORE telling them what they're buying is RUDE!

Stinkor = sweeeet. Can't understand why he's taken so long to see the light of day.

Griffen = awful. Simply Battle Cat with a beak!

Mighty Spector - BORING! Surely ANY OTHER CHARACTER has got to be more exciting than someone that looks like a Deadpool clone.

Slushhead = OK. I kninda like the ghoulish looking monsters. At least he has a MOTU flavour about him (unlike Spector).

Temple of Darkness Sorceress = just OK. An eBay purchase for most of us no doubt.

Opting for these chatacters ain't going to encourage more subscription buyers for 2013 that's for sure. Power Con should have been used to anounce some HEAVY HITTERS......instead there's a lot of collectors feeling somewhat deflated.

As a friend famously said to me one time, "you can't polish a turd" and I've the feeling that's exactly what toyguru is starting to do here with some of his 'announcements' Sad

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Thunderpunch is about to throw a Hadouken !!! COOL!

hehe

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:49 pm

I have to say, the more shots I see of that Griffin, the more I like it. Can't wait until Beast Man is riding it (that sounds a bit wrong :p).

Nice touch to TP He-Man, as well.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 am

Deleted some posts...keep personal grievances off general threads please people.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 am

I'm a little excited... especially for the Griffin. Very Happy

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 am

Serpent's Ring

http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/viewobject.php?cat=3&objectid=246

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Is the Serpent's Ring a teaser for a future figure reveal? Or does it come with an announced figure like Kobra Kahn?

If it's a future figure reveal, then it's good to (presumably) see some more Snake Men, but it means POP is really falling behind (with the exception of the Star Sisters).

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:17 pm

It might be an extra accessory with Khan, was a great story in the 0X cartoon, Mattel are chosing some excellent design items to add to the figs, that orb stand looks amazing too!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:51 am

lol, I just was thinking while lookin at the snake mountain stand, that the poor sods have a hard time. I mean, they can either pose on a pointy sharp rock, or stand in lava? LOL.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:20 am

So after reading about what The Serpent's Ring is, it would appear to be a pretty good clue to a "snakefied" Man-at-Arms A-List variant in 2012.

Or it could just be packed with pretty much any of the Snake Men.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top