Club Eternia 2012 question...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Club Eternia 2012 question...

Post by DroothR on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:25 pm

So, for past subs, you plonk down your $20 for the sub (plus eventual shipping), which covers the sub figure in March.

I just went to buy a 2012 sub, and it's listing a $20 subscription charge PLUS a $20 figure, plus shipping, making for a $40+ subscription sign-up.

Does anyone know what the deal is?

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Club Eternia 2012 question...

Post by Xenaphobia on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:48 pm

I *think* they charge you for the first figure (plus shipping) in order to validate the credit card (or some nonsense) and then refund the amount for the first figure and shipping. So, you're only charged $20.00 for the subscription in the long run, but initially they also charge you for the first figure and shipping for that figure.

They seem to do the same thing across all their subscriptions - they also charge for the first Pilot and Lion when you sign up to the Voltron subscription, but then apparently refund that amount and just "keep" the actual subscription fee.

It's odd, but it's Mattel. So you have to use Matty Logic to determine the "logistics" behind their decisions.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Yeah, my 'initial' charge was huge (3 subs) but I'll get most of it back (especially if the DCUC sub falls through, which I hope to Jeebus it doesn't!)

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 am

Xenaphobia wrote:I *think* they charge you for the first figure (plus shipping) in order to validate the credit card (or some nonsense) and then refund the amount for the first figure and shipping. So, you're only charged $20.00 for the subscription in the long run, but initially they also charge you for the first figure and shipping for that figure.

What he said! =-)

I double took as well when hitting the checkout, but I wouldn't be surprised if the charges are just left there on your card. Essentially you are just paying for all the figures upfront so it doesnt' really matter anyways, just means you aren't paying later on.

I'm personally just wondering if that shipping charge was indicative of the real shipping charge. If so, its semi decent for what I was going to be doing

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 am

Per mattycollector.com:

Toy Fans,

If you signed up for a 2012 subscription, you may have noticed on your order confirmation that your card was pre-authorized for an additional amount beyond the membership fee and the first figure. We just confirmed that this amount is the estimated shipping for the first figure, as many of you already figured out. Please know that this amount is only pre-authorized you're not charged for the figure or the shipping until the first figure in your subscription ships in 2012.

The pre-authorization amount is only for credit card validation and should drop off in a few days, if it hasn't already. You will then be charged only for the subscription membership fee. We've updated the subscription descriptions to clarify this and apologize for any confusion.

--Matty

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top