*SPOILERS* 2012 Sub Exclusive and More named!!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *SPOILERS* 2012 Sub Exclusive and More named!!

Post by Sam on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:30 am

For 2012, subscriptions are available for DC Universe, Ghostbusters™, Masters of the Universe® Classics and Voltron®. You may buy as many subscriptions of any kind and in any combination you like and they'll all ship together when purchased in the same transaction!

Answered my own question!

Multiple line subscriptions WILL ship together according to this.

So it might actually be feasible! hopefully it means there will be a savings on the shipping costs.

Well, I'm in. I just pulled out the tape measure, saw that 23'' is just stupidly huge and definatly a centre piece, so I'm getting it !!

^_^

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:57 am

Official lineup:

October sub figure: Icarius (Flipshot from NA He-Man)
October vehicle (non-sub): Windraider
November sub figure: Snout Spout
November varianr sub figure: Battleground Evil Lyn (200x colours EL) with interchangeable head
November sub beast: Swiftwind
November bonus (non-sub): Bubble Power She-Ra (removable garmet so you can make an ultimate She-Ra with first version's head and cape)
December sub figure: Demo-Man (with interchangle new style Skeletor head and skull head)

January sub figure: The Sorceress
January sub multi-pack: The Star Sisters and Glory Bird
February sub figure: Fisto (with interchange head and belt to make 200x, and both classic and 200x swords)
March sub figure: Kobra Khan (with interchangeable hooded head)
March sub variant: Thunder Punch He-Man

Subscription exclusive: Shadow Weaver

Last edited by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:00 am

Also, 6 30th anniversary figures (mainly newly created stuff) is available outside the sub.

January: Fearless Photog (the 1980s fan contest creation that never got made originally)
March: Draego-Man (4 Horseman creation)

Other 4 remaining figures will be Horsemen/Mattel created characters as well as a new fan contest figure open to US residents only.

And fan panel at SDCC will vote on whether Granamyr will be red or green.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:01 am

Pics: http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2011-new-masters-of-the-universe-classics-photos-4495/

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 am

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:07 am

Hmmmmmm. Well. I have to admit to being a little disappointed.

Must haves are Kobra Kahn and Shadow Weaver, but the latter is not so much a "must have" that I will be getting a subscription.

I'm really not familiar with (or perhaps "attached to") Icarius, Snout Sprout, Demo-Man, Fearless Photog or the Star Sisters enough to want them. I think the line definitely needed a POP Rebellion injection, but I'm not sure a three-pack of (to my understanding) very minor characters is really the right way to go about it. And I have regular Evil-Lyn so I can pass on BG Evil-Lyn, but the figure does look great.

Figures that fall into the "maybe" category include She-Ra V2.0, The Sorceress and Fisto. As much as I was hoping for a She-Ra based on "Bubble Power", I expected the 4H to take that basic armour design and turn it into something really cool looking. Not simply replicate what the "dress" the figure originally came with, but make it out of plastic. I would have preferred that the tooling budget for that foolish looking pink "bubble" accessory went towards a toy-design star-burst bodice piece and/or a toy-design (not-Bubble) sword/dagger.

As for The Sorceress, she just looks a little too "plain" to me. It seems that most of the male figures benefit from all sorts of great new design details, but The Sorceress really didn't get anything new, not even some colour on her staff.

Fisto does look cool. He is definitely a strong "maybe" purchase. Great accessories.

As for Swift-Wind, if I'd known they were going pure Filmation, then I would have grabbed Battle-Cat during the recent sale, so both He-Man and She-Ra could have ridden their "beasts", but I'll pass on Swift-Wind since I don't have Battle-Cat, but the figure does look very nice.

And finally, the "new" characters. Um yeah. Draego-Man instead of Ram Man. Or Mek-a-Nek. Or Extendar. Or Frosta. Or Netossa. Or Scorpia. Or any number of other existing characters. I'm not really embracing that idea, but if one of the "new" figures looks good enough, then no doubt I'll try to grab one.

Given that I'm strongly considering the Voltron subscription, it's probably a good thing that MOTUC didn't blow me away (neither did DCUC - although I need to wait for more details about the line beyond Wave 20 since they've previously indicated they're include the DC reboot figure designs in upcoming waves, so they must be releasing those figures in stores somewhere).

Cheers.

Last edited by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 am

Sooo much awesomeness!! Very Happy

I couldn't be happier. cheers

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:32 am

Xenaphobia - The Mattycollector All-Star sale is still on until August 15. Battle Cat is still available.

I think anyone who doesn't like Photog or Draego-Man should just ignore them. They're bonus bonus bonus figures for hardcore fans. You don't get locked into them with a sub.

Personally, I love the 2012 lineup, which unfortunately means sub for me as I want Shadow Weaver. I just know they're going to back end the year with weaker characters (like this year).

Not a huge fan of the end of 2012 reveals. Don't need a new Evil Lyn so soon (I know everyone else seems to want her), won't get the Icarius... iffy on Demo Man (only really like the Skeletor head), Snout Spout is meh but I'll get him, She-Ra looks stoopid with the bubble power stuff. Swift Wind is outstanding though.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:43 am

^^^^

Thanks for that. I didn't realise that Battle-Cat was still available.

Time to go and count by pennies!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:37 am

Well, I kinda like the line up for the most part.

Demo man DANG he's UGLY! But cool, and if I gonna have a vikor, Ive gotta have a Demo Man!

Stoked with the look of Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Khan, and Thunderpunch, BG Lynn and sorceress, I will be happy to have them.

Unexpectedly I like the Icaris figure, even though no love for NA.

Draego man looks awesome!! Love dragons, so he's a must get I reckon.

SNout spout looks as stupid as his old figure did, so I guess its about right. Wish I could pass on the She ra bubbleomatic, just too much random rubbish on that.

Photog, the figure came up well, not sure if I care enough about it to want though...

Those POP sisters... hurmm....they look ok, I dont care much for the POP in general unless its core characters at least. The Pink hair, blue outfit one looks nicest though IMO.

I'm thinking I'll probably have some figures to sell if I get the subscription though LOL.

I'm still excited though!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 am

Sam wrote: Wish I could pass on the She ra bubbleomatic, just too much random rubbish on that.

She-Ra V2.0 isn't part of the subscription. It's a bonus A-List variant that they put together (primarily to enable She-Ra to sit on Swift-Wind, although from the few photos, it doesn't look like V2.0 sits on Swift-Wind much better than She-Ra V1.0, even with the "split" skirt).

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm very happy, glad I've commited to everything, even the 30th anniversary figs are cool!! And am I the only one who likes Snout Spout??

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:57 pm

No way DBF, Snout Spout is awesome! Very Happy

I'm still pinching myself at these figures. Soo happy.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I wasn't going to get a subscription, but missing out on that sub figure is a big bummer - can those with the subscriptions tell me how it works currently? How much is shipping per figure? Can I combine shipping with other subscriptions?

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Nah, I'm on your side DBF, Snout Spout is sweeeeet IMO too.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Overall, I'm quite happy with the line-up. Annoyed though that as a subscriber that there's items out of the sub as such.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Shocka wrote:I wasn't going to get a subscription, but missing out on that sub figure is a big bummer - can those with the subscriptions tell me how it works currently? How much is shipping per figure? Can I combine shipping with other subscriptions?

Hey Shocka.

Subs basically guarantee you a set amount of figures - 12 monthly figures, 4 variants and 4 oversized (beast/giants/double/triple packs). The "outline" has already been released, as you may already know.

You buy the sub during the "open period", which is the next couple of weeks. You get charged US$20 per sub you get (you can order as many subs as you like). This charge covers the "exclusive" figure, which is sent out in the first quarter of the following year (so about March 2012). You also get a bonus poster. Mattel also seem to be randomly throwing in a few stickers here and there this year.

With the sub, your credit/debit card details are surrendered to Mattel. They charge usually a few days before each figure is released to their website. In my experience last year, they kept charging earlier and earlier, which can be a nuisance if your card doesn't have the money on it yet, so the key is to make sure it can be charged at any time.

You can choose one of two options for shipping - International Post, which is cheaper, takes longer and can't be tracked; or UPS Post, which is more expensive, faster and can be tracked.

Int Post is around $10 for 1 or 2 figures, then about $7ish for every figure on top of that. UPS starts at $50 (which is ideal if a number of items are being shiped) and usually covers anywhere between 1 to 6 figures. After that, it increments to about $70ish and then $80ish and $90ish for any more than 6 figures up until around a dozen figures. Then it increments to about $120ish for around 15 to 20 and then $200ish for more than that. I worked out a rough guide for myself one night when some figures didn't sell out quickly. :p

Also, once you hit a certain number of figures, you may have your order packed in separate packages and can often arrive at varying intervals.

You can combine subscriptions for shipping, but any orders outside of the subscription (say you want to grab an extra of something one month) cannot be combined with your subscription order and are charged their own shipping and sent separately.

As far as I'm aware, this year the MOTUC and Ghostbusters subs could not be combined together, but next year any sub, whether it be MOTUC, GB, Voltron, etc, can be combined.

If you're interested, myself, TheGoodDr and a few others may be getting our subs together for 2012 to mitigate shipping costs. Will probably only want to get MOTUC only subs, though. Let me know if you're interested. Smile

I didn't get this year's sub because I wanted to pick and choose, but the sub exclusive next year means I'm gonna need to get one (and be stuck with the shit that'll inevitably hit later in 2012 that I don't want).

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:06 pm

I ended up getting a MOTU, DCUC and Voltron sub - very happy with the MOTU line-up thus far. I figure if I'm that much of a MOTU-whore to get Molarr, I can blissfully add the Star Sisters and Draego-Man to my shelf.

Not sure I'll bother with Bubble-butt She-Ra though - maybe.....

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Love the map

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Nice !

kinda make me think of a theme park map :-)

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:39 pm

I'll post a few more pics in here

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shocka on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Awesome, thanks Jor - when are you going ahead with the sub order?

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 am

I'm liking all of these bar the POP characters....sorry no interest there. I'd prefer a slightly bigger fist on Fisto, doesn't have to be 200x size but a little bigger would be better in my view.....he looks too much like gauntlet guy rather than fisto. I'll get a sub, but like this year there'll be a few to get rid of

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 am

Shocka wrote:Awesome, thanks Jor - when are you going ahead with the sub order?

I've sounded a few guys out. Funnily enough, haven't heard from The Dr of Style above. :p

Will probably grab it over the next weekish... no real rush, just before the sub deadline. I'll PM you with further details.

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:01 am

My thoughts:

• Icarius:
    Looks good. Glad they went with the European name (even if it was because they couldn't use the American one). About time we got some more NA representation...

• Wind Raider:
    Sweet. The orange parts look a little "toy-ish" still, but hopefully the gold accents will be played up a little more on the production piece.

• Snout Spout:
    Looks like it should, but I'm not a fan of the original design, when the 200X look is so much cooler. I don't get his clamp accessory... Neutral

• "Battleground" Evil-Lyn:
    Love the new head, but the lack of her skirt or new boots (to complete the 200X design) makes this one a huge disappointment for me. Sad

• Swift Wind:
    Perfection! My only concern is articulation. Filmation Swifty coming first kind of makes the previous Mattypalooza vote moot, but I guess they can hold their word and still do Royal SW before the pink toy one.

• Bubble Power She-Ra:
    Much cooler than I was expecting. Her outfit looks slightly Roman in this translation. Might buy two, one to kitbash the "Ultimate She-Ra", and one to keep as is.

• Demo-Man:
    Awesome overall, even though I do question why they made him quite so bright a shade of green. I LOVE the first appearance Skeletor head, although it should have a yellow face, not green. pale Also, his bio (while interesting), says nothing about Demo-Man. Total fail on that one, Matty.

• Sorceress:
    As some have said, she really should have one spell-casting hand. Other than that, perfect. Next!

• Star Sisters 3-pack:
    Was never a huge fan of the original designs (although I don't mind Tallstar), but they look pretty damned good for what they are.

• Fearless Photog:
    Another I don't personally have a heap of interest in, but it's totally awesome that it's coming out after all these years. Smile

• Fisto:
    No ab-crunch? Other than that, perfect! Total backflip on Mattel's "no more 200X heads" line though. Fisto came out the way Grizzlor should have come out.

• Kobra Kahn:
    Perfect!

• Thunder Punch He-Man:
    Better looking that I was anticipating, but not one I have any personal stake in.

• Draego-Man:
    The Horsemen know good design. A stellar first (non-fan design) original addition to the MotUC line.

• Shadow Weaver:
    Perfect again. Very Happy

• Granamyr:
    The line's first $80 piece, and the fan vote went for Filmation red, over mini-comic green. Can't wait to see it, but at that price, I'll only want one, and I think I'll just have to wait and hope for a green second release, as I much prefer that version.

Filmation licence was something we all knew was coming, but it's great to finally be confirmed.

Mini-comics are ok, but I'm not really fussed.

New create-a-character contest is neat, but a shame it's USA only. Sad

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top