Jazwares MK & SF

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jazwares MK & SF

Post by Sam on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:40 am

lol. Sounds like so much fail for such a little toyline though doesn't it?

I'm still rooting for the six inch line though !

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 am

Can't wait to see images for 6" wave 2!

Plus we are yet to see images of the 6" Jax/Reptile set.

Octane wrote: My SF figures also came with white joints.

My 6" Raiden has white wrist joints which looks a bit odd, but Cage & Sub Zero use flesh coloured.

That's unfortunate about the paint work. Hopefully they will improve things as they go along. I believe the figures got better as the sets went on the first time they did MK.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:51 am

Well I guess I see how good the 6 inch will be in about a week or 2 when my cases arrive. And if the one doofus was not selling 100 Pre-release Cage figures on Ebay for $16 a peice I would have made some money. LOL

I not sold on the 4 inch classics yet (Considering TRU has almost all of them in 2 boxed sets), the price point is alittle too high for what you get. May get in MK9 4 inch because they at least have a couple of non-ninjas, but there next year.

I'll also have some of the SF in as well which at least get alternate hands and are alittle bit sweeter on the wallet. My son off with the one package I bought from TRU as a test sample so I can comment on it until I find it again.

The Price on Jazwares stuff has gone up considerable since last year. The Wholesale price on the 4" Sonics was my retail price last year.

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:43 pm

So will you be getting the Reptile and Jax figures as well Stuart? They are figures I will want to get but not really sure whos gonna have em, so if you're selling them I might be buyingn them ! lol.
PM me if you are gonna be receiving them

Still want to hear if the ladies will get some plastic love. And yes, take that how you will ! LOL

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:12 am

Sam wrote:
Still want to hear if the ladies will get some plastic love. And yes, take that how you will ! LOL

Jazwares said Sonya has been sculpted for 6" MK. I gather it is wave 2, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

Chun-Li & C.Viper are coming in SF:

The Street Fighter assortment contains the following two-packs: Ryu Vs. Sagat, Ken Vs. Blanka, Chun-Li Vs. Vega, and M.Bison Vs. Akuma.

The Super Street Fighter IV assortment contains the following two-packs: Guile Vs. Abel, El Fuerte Vs. Seth, Ryu (Black Costume) Vs. C. Viper, and Rufus Vs. Ken.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:43 am

Did they mention that recently she has been finished, or is that a recap of the previous info ? I remember you mentioned her before =-) heres hopin it comes to fruition

Not getting those sf mini's still. While a little tempting its not enough to make my wallet scream again. Its doing that enough with macross toys and upcoming playart Metal gear figures

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 am

Friendship! ?┐Friendship┐?

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:33 am

Thanks for the pics Stu. The Friendship dolls are cool! Very Happy

Terrible paint work on the eyes. Especially for a 6" figure.

Sam wrote:Did they mention that recently she has been finished, or is that a recap of the previous info ?

From memory someone asked (ages ago) if females would be appearing in the line & Joe Amaro from Jazwares said Sonya Blade had been sculpted in 6" & Chun-Li in 4". So I guess Sonya is finished...but with Jazwares we probably won't see her till she is on shelves. Unless ofcourse they have her at NYTF.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:41 pm

I still trying to figure out what is it about the heads that looks wrong with the 6 inch Ninjas appart from the bad paint work. I don't think repainting them will even fix them. Maybe they are too rounded and fat.....

They begining to make me......

The more I think about it the more they frustrate me. Clearly they are MK1 Designs which is fine except Smoke was not even in MK1 and the Friendship dolls (Regardless how happy they make me) where not used until in MK2 (So not even them are right. They might have got the head better if they went for MK2 sculps because the mask where not cloth then but Motor-X Bike. Maybe they re-do them as MK2 which is really easy about 7 part changes....)

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 am

That mortalkombatwarehouse is a great site! Thanks Stu.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm

did you hotlink a pic and they replaced it with those logos or something ?

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Sam wrote:did you hotlink a pic and they replaced it with those logos or something ?

Probably because the pictures are animated Gifs they did not load in the browser you are using for whatever reason and just show up as the logo from the site "borrowed" them from. (Thay did that to me in IE but work fine in Firefox)

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 am

Just saw over at TNI the Street Fighter Player2 variants have been dropped for now:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=141&itemid=18069

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:52 am

Jazwares are doing goodness knows what the SF? The SF4 2 packs I been told they be out sometime after X-mas while I have the Classic wave. (Again if your Not TRU you usually stuck waiting for anything Jazwares.
)

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:44 am

The Thrown room playset shown at toyfair is slated for the 4 inch line. (Comes with Exclusive 5.25 Shao Kahn.)

6 inches due in over the next 6 months. Kano, Jakks, Night Wolf, Baraka, Battle Damaged Scorpion, Battle Damaged Sub Zero, Shao Kahn (7 Inch), Goro (8 Inch)

4 Inch version of Johnny Cage, Night Wolf, Kano, Lui Kang, more ninjas (Blood splattered)

Some sort of 8 inch Sub Zero Statue.

And NO NEW Street Fighter.

I know there has been a problem with the SF4 side of things. (I don't know what exactly what it is but there is nothing new listed from Jazwares on the SF side of things. I yet to see any SF4 Figures show from my orders with them before X-mas and they not on the Order form period.)

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 am

Hell Ive just given up on getting more SF figures that are decent. RIP Sota.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Octane wrote:
6 inches due in over the next 6 months. Kano, Jakks, Night Wolf, Baraka, Battle Damaged Scorpion, Battle Damaged Sub Zero, Shao Kahn (7 Inch), Goro (8 Inch)

Aw come on Jazzwares...just release Sonya!

Octane wrote:
And NO NEW Street Fighter.

Interesting. I didn't buy any of the first wave but it seemed the main problem was the figures falling apart. It would be a shame not to see a few more waves...see if they can work out the kinks.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Shao Khan & Reptile shown

Khan has black nipples.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat May 12, 2012 11:43 am

I dont mind these, black nipples are just pasties from when he was late night dancing at exotic clubs, so dont sweat it! ;-)

so by the end of the wave we might get all the articulation, if they keep adding more on each release. I wish for double jointed knees and elbows! I'm not sure why they didn't pick things up from the last time they made figures, they were startign to get the articulation right.

I'm still keen on picking up each of the figures. THey get a little bit too much hate. Heck i've even been nabbing the 4 inch versions. Funny thing though, the 4'' mk9 reptile has his right shoulder joing a lot lower to allow the armour to sit, but looks weird!

anyhoots, bring em on,and yes, show us a sonya! * even the scrapped version they had!!*

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue May 15, 2012 1:46 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sonya they scrapped...but I'm sure Jazwares know how much crap they would get for it! Laughing

octane said he will keep his eyes out for the MK figures for me. I only have the 6" figures at the moment.

I don't think I'll bother with Street Fighter. But I do hope they sort out the issues with the figures falling apart & release some more characters.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Jazwares Street Fighter are done, I spoke to the Distributor yesterday. The Single packs are showing up internationally but as far as I know SF are over, no reason given (But I guessing Quality control as just about every Ryu and Ken I received feet would snap off when moved.)

MK have added more 4" Playsets. Goro Lair w/Noob and Shao Khan Arena w/Scorpion & Sub Zero. (Not sure if figures will be repaints, regulars or blood splattered. My Guess is Blood Splattered.) Nothing else new, maybe more announcements after SDCC.

Side note Jazwares has also added the Plants Vs Zombies and Scribblenauts licenses to there growing catalog.

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FunkyMonster on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Octane wrote:

Side note Jazwares has also added the Plants Vs Zombies and Scribblenauts licenses to there growing catalog.

My son loves playing those 2 !

FunkyMonster

Number of posts : 39
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile http://s852.photobucket.com/profile/brenton99/index

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Octane wrote:Jazwares Street Fighter are done, I spoke to the Distributor yesterday. The Single packs are showing up internationally but as far as I know SF are over, no reason given (But I guessing Quality control as just about every Ryu and Ken I received feet would snap off when moved.)

one of my favourite franchises but I'm at the point where I'm not going to throw away money on garbage, these offerings were terrible from the start. Opportunity lost with the new games coming out, but realistically if the NECA ones (which I thought were good) couldn't get past 6 figures these cheaper crappier ones never would

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Most of the new attempts dont get past a few figures. I love the play arts kai renditions, *beautiful faces on the ladies!!* which are out now, but I dont think they'll get many figures. They just konk out too quick and whether they aren't making enough money or people are losing interest, who knows.

SOTA was by far the most comprehensive line and I doubt anything will live up to it again in a hurry.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:52 am

Next wave Package review. (I can't risk Fruit Ninja wrath. Pictures have to wait a few weeks.)

All will have a gold and black 20th Mortal Kombat 1992-2012 Sticker on the packaging.

6 inch Jax
Probably the same sculpt on the Clear Version. Black & silver boots, grey pants, silver arms. Sculpted dog tags. 1 Gun gun visable in pack. Facial hair goatee. Good skin pain apps. *Thumbs up* (Skinny version we saw earlier is the 4 inch)

6 Inch Baraka
Black pants and boots, silver skull knee pads, sculped white shirt with red logos on sholder, spikes appear to be attached to arms. Good head with nice teeth, much better than his 4 inch version. *Thumbs Up*

6 Inch Kano
Comes with 2 knives, Looks like a young cyborg Obiwan. I dislike the mainly black costume (But that just me) his belt on chest is sculpted while his shirt is not and just painted on. Lots of silver accents. *Neutral*

6 inch Nightwolf.
Comes with 2 lime green axes. Does not appear to have a sculpted shirt but is painted on, as is his necklace. Head seams okay, maybe a little big. *Thumbs Up*

6 inch Lui Kang
Closed Fists. Bad head, or the way the eyes are painted. On the short bus with the other slow Ninja. Body good. *Thumbs Down*

4 inch Johnny Cage.
Fairly much the same as the 6 inch version. Okay

4 inch Lui Kang
Too Skinny. Bad head. Worst MK figure to date.

4 Inch Nightwolf
Possibly a bit better than the 6 inch. Head a little bit better/smaller. Bit worried on pupal placement possibly screwing it up. (No Visable accessories)

4 inch Shao Kahn Arena
2 Full Size Pillars, 2 broken Pillars, Skull Chair and Shao Khan. Strangely the box has a 17+ printed on it, toy rating? (Only seen unpainted Prototype smaller Shao Khan) he stands about as tall as the broken pillars. Head might be a little too big.

Super Deformed (I now seen painted versions) Still probably no to 3 POA.
Scorpion - Awesome, Shao Kahn - Good (Eyes are a bit creepy), Kabal - Okay (Not sure on the way his skin is looking), Quan Chi - Meh! (Paint apps aren't nice and detracting from the figure)

Ssshhhhhhhhh!

And a possible new item........
4 Inch Goro's Lair 2 Pack (Concept only) this differs from the Goro Lair Playset with Noob.
4 inch (Probably 5 inch) Goro + Battle Damage Johnny Cage.

Octane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top