What's a good KISS DVD?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's a good KISS DVD?

Post by Pixo on Sun May 15, 2011 3:50 pm

I bought the KISS Symphony DVD and CD after the Concert in Melbourne and that is a terrible DVD to watch.

I found this review in hindsight to sum it up pretty well,

"A brief example: I chose one of my favorite songs, "Shout It Out Loud" and decided to count the number of edits, camera, transitions, etc...196 in a 3 minute song. 196...that comes out to an average change every 1.08 seconds. Now, some shots actually lingered for maybe 2 seconds, and some just popped on screen for a fraction of a second, but 196 in 3 minutes? Also, you will notice that Gene has the punisher bass in some quick shots and the axe bass in others, all in the same song. This is called continuity, or in this case, lack of continuity...We all know Gene does not change basses back and fourth several times during the same song. It is just careless, sloppy editing.

Unwatchable...Sad, because this is a great concert. The editing actually makes me physically sick. I could only watch about half of this thing before a splitting headache made me turn it off. I would love to see this redone with some actual skill applied to editing. Some lingering shots of guitar solos, some wide screen views of the whole band, some scenes that last longer than 2 seconds."

Is there a good KISS Concert DVD with modern sound and vision?

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 800
Trading Status : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Re: What's a good KISS DVD?

Post by TheGoodDr on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm

My favourite concert vid from KISS is Animalize Live (recorded back in '94 mind you)....though I'm not sure if this was ever released on DVD (I have the LAserdisc and VHS).

There's the Rock the Nation DVD - I've never seen this.....

The only other concert material you can get that can be of decent quality is the stuff in the KISSology DVDs.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top