2011 MOTU TOP 10 RESULTS

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2011 MOTU TOP 10 RESULTS

Post by simmo on Fri May 06, 2011 3:49 am

The countdown for our Top 10 has finished, and this is where the results will be posted. The top 2 were pretty settled, but our final few votes saw a character rocket from outside the top 10 into 3rd place.

I'll be posting a couple a day for 3-10, and then the top 2 each get their own day to shine.

Anyway, without any further ado, here are the results.

10 - Horde Troopers

31 votes from 6 selections

Hordak's own red-shirts, the Horde Troopers slide into 10th place.

What's not to like about these guys? They're big bulky faceless dudes in armour. I've always wondered how Hordak kept these guys in line, maybe good health insurance. Cause even when there are masses of them around, and there will be if Matty double packs them for army building, He-Man will be hospitalising them post-haste.

9 - Two Bad

32 votes from 6 selections

Ah, with real names as bad as Blackagar Boltagon, Tuvar & Baddhra form the halves of Skeletor's most feeble minded henchman, Two Bad. This guy proves that two heads are not necessarily better than one.

Two Bad was one of my favourites as a kid, the evillest Siamese twins ever unleashed in toy history. I loved the way the old action feature basically meant the dude would constantly be giving himself fist bumps, as if to say "We're awesome" before their knuckles became skinned and the paint chipped.

After seeing the 200x version for the first time looking for these images, I'm guessing that a lot of folks here would like to see some of that styling for this odd couple. Damn, odd couple, now I've got that theme music stuck in my head...ah-do-do-do-do-doo, da-do-do-doo...

7 & 8 tomorrow folks!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 MOTU TOP 10 RESULTS

Post by simmo on Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 am

Oh, feel free to add your comments as well folks Very Happy

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 am

Two Bad! Cool!
I wonder if we'll ever see a Tuvar & Baddhra 2 pak?

Can't wait to see the the rest of the countdown!

Oz-Scott

Number of posts : 189
Trading Status : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Sat May 07, 2011 4:57 am

Two Bad was one of my favs as a kid. He may have the upper hand in battle but you'd know he'd punch himself in the face sooner or later. Who knew those bear hugs he was constantly giving Teela were grounds for sexual harassment.

Horde troppers were one of the few things I liked about the SPoP show.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Sat May 07, 2011 7:20 am

8 - Kobra Khan

34 votes from 5 selections

Coming in 8th, the spitter, Kobra Khan. The Snake Man is also part of Skeletor's minions, but if you're looking for any more of King Hsssssssss'sssss serpentine boys in the top 10, I'm afraid KK is as close as you'll get.

Khan is an interesting character in my eyes, but I never thought he really fitted in with the MOTU mythos until the rest of the Snake Men were introduced. As it stands, I'm hoping the Horsemen manage to keep his water gun, head spitting action feature when they get round to him...I want to childishly make him spit all over Teela's face again and again.

7 - Mekaneck

38 votes from 6 selections

Teela - Hey man, what do you do?

Mekaneck - My neck grows longer by about a foot.

Teela - OK...I'm gonna go talk to Stratos now.

OK, so Mekaneck gets a bit of a raw deal. I remember wanting him so much as a kid, then when I got him for my 7th birthday, I played with him once, and realised there wasn't much use to a guy with a long neck. If you want a spy, send someone who flies like Buzz Off or Stratos.

Anyway, it seems that we all have a soft spot for this red-headed stepchild of the Heroic Warriors, who missed out on 6th place only because 1 less person voted for him. If the neck fix works well, he may stand at least head and shoulders over everyone else on your shelf.

5 & 6 tomorrow folks!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sat May 07, 2011 11:35 am

This is really cool Simmo - any chance you could publish everyones votes when you finish the countdown? Would be interesting to see who ranked who where, and who got how many votes....

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat May 07, 2011 11:47 am

fuzzcat wrote:This is really cool Simmo - any chance you could publish everyones votes when you finish the countdown? Would be interesting to see who ranked who where, and who got how many votes....
I'll go ahead and consent to my votes being made public once #1 is revealed. thumbs up1

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sat May 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah agreed!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sat May 07, 2011 3:13 pm

seems Mechaneck can only extend his neck when he is in "I'm a little teapot" stance

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Sun May 08, 2011 4:50 pm

6 - Rio Blast

38 votes from 7 selections

Rio Blast only just beat out Mekaneck for this spot, by virtue of more people voting for him.

Let it be known, I have no idea about much of this character. The vintage toy was made after I stopped collecting MOTU when I was a kid. But his popularity can't be denied, with half of voters asking for him.

To me, he looks a bit village people. Moustache, chaps, short shorts. But the dude's got weapons coming out of his ya-ya, which is enough to mean he deserves a spot in the top 10.

5 - Jitsu

45 votes from 10 selections

Jitsu! The most popular background character of them all, this guy has been perpetually underused in the MOTU mythos. Not for lack of coolness though. I mean, the dude has an orange samurai sword and a gold hand! That's all kinds of awesome.

Only one other character was selected by more people than Jitsu, so he's certainly somebody we'd all like to see more of, and this is one character that will be interesting to see the results of if the 4H update him a little for the new line.

The top 4 starts tomorrow folks!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Bloody hell! Rio Blast could give a Rob Liefeld-drawn Cable a run for his money in the weapons department.. Didn't vote for him myself, don't think i owned one as a kid .. Jitus on the other hand <boom> <boom> got my vote. /* Judo chop */

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun May 08, 2011 5:36 pm

hehe, rio blast is the only other character other than he-man/battlecat that i have kept of the vintage figures. Prob cuz my grandad got it for me =-)

REALLY hope he gets an update !!

nice work simmo on the list collating. I hate the suspense though LOL

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sun May 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Give me FISTO!

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 am

4 - Stinkor

47 votes from 9 selections

Stinkor! The character who will make you less popular at work if you put him on your desk and let his nasty odour waft over your colleagues. This dude smells worse than Brian from accounting, who only has a passing acquaintance with the concept of deodorant.

More of a human skunk than Kyle Sandilands, there's a fair bit of reuse in this figure, making him a prime candidate for a release in a year where there's a lot of retooling. To my mind, the coloring works really well on him, better than on the original Mer-Man head, and I'd bet that most people will display Mer-Man with his more detailed head so as you don't have identical twins sitting on your shelf.

Stinkor would be a fantastic addition to your villain shelf, or as a specific nemesis for Moss Man. Can't wait to open his package...I love the smell of garbage in the morning. It smells like victory.

#3 tomorrow folks, the big bolter of the vote!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon May 09, 2011 3:44 am

Oh wow...I didn't know Rio Blast had any of those features!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 am

Artistix wrote:Oh wow...I didn't know Rio Blast had any of those features!
I think the station of Rio Blast spoiled the orig as the 4h changed him so much, but the orig is an AWESOME fig, the big weapon frame that slides over his head from his back, and guns in each arm and leg and his stomach, that some serious fire power!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon May 09, 2011 10:32 am

Woh, the staction is different

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon May 09, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah, although I liked the redesign, the original Rio was heaps better!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Mon May 09, 2011 3:47 pm

I too loved the original - but in all fairness I'm sure the 200x version would've had some cool bells and whistles if it had been an actual toy and not a staction. Really looking forward to the rest of this list!

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Tue May 10, 2011 3:24 am

3 - The Sorceress

49 votes from 6 selections

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest surprise in our top 10, The Sorceress was well outside the 10 until the last few votes. Less people wanted her than other figures, but for those that did, she was right up at the top, with an average vote almost 2 points higher than any other character in the 10. Go figure.

The Sorceress brings a mystical Egyptian feel to the line, what with carrying a giant dead bird around on her head, and is one of the mainstays of the original cartoon who knew He-Man's superfluous secret identity. Plus, if you were like me, she was the only female figure in the MOTU world who was even vaguely attractive. I mean, who didn't think that Teela had some lesbian tendencies?

The Sorceress would need a bit of work to bring her up to the standard we've seen in the Classics line...her original figure was a little bland. But she has a cracking design, and if we ever get a Castle Grayskull, she'll look pretty awesome spreading her wings next to Zoar on one of the castle parapets.

We're down to the top 2 now...no surprises for who they are, but in what order? You'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'll post them together because the surprise factor is low, but it was super super close, I'll tell you that!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm betting we Sorceress in 2012. She's one of the last few big names left, & the final of the original MOTU females.

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

lol never really thought teela was interested in the ladies, but I always did love that sexy walk they put so much work into animating for all the ladies LOL.

what would be interesting is a Sorceress... with a pack in Grayskull!!! Orko came with Adam, so why not? ;-)

Someone email M.coll and tell them do to that pronto !!!!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Sorry folks, update will have to be tomorrow.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Thu May 12, 2011 2:50 pm

OK, here they are, the top 2, in no particular order!

Ram Man and Fisto!

2nd place: 66 votes from 11 selections
1st place: 67 votes from 9 selection

How close was that! One person putting Fisto or Ram Man in one different spot would have changed the result!

Like most of us, I got Ram Man before Fisto. Ram Man was one of the bunch of MOTU I got for Christmas and it''s probably my first Christmas memory, seeing him with a bunch of others sitting open on the tv cabinet. And I loved Ram Man.

I think it was the mini-comic. He was a simple guy with a heart of gold. And he bashed things with his head. Seriously, he was an NRL player before I'd even heard of rugby league in Perth! Ram Man was everything super-heroey I loved about MOTU in the beginning. He'd need a lot of tooling, almost having to be made from scratch to fit in the MOTUC line. But boy, he would be worth it.

Fisto, on the other hand (see what I did there) is just bad ass. The dude's got a massive metal glove! How heavy would that be to carry around. His sword is ridiculously superfluous, all he needs to do is pimp slap you and you'd be eating through a straw for months.

There's no-one on the side of the heroic warriors who would look better taking on Clawful, Jitsu and Whiplash in a mini-comic recreation. He'd need very little work to be made, just a new head and, of course, one chunky metal fist. And when Fisto is made, could Stridor be very far behind?

So, which of these finished in first place?

The honour goes to...

RAM MAN!!!

Almost everyone wanted Fisto, but those of us who love Ram Man just wanted him that little bit more. No character was selected more than Fisto though, so it's a bit of a tie between the two if you want to look at it that way. And if all of the 10 get made, I'd say were all winners.

Thanks for taking part, I'll put up a table of the entire list soon. It was interesting to see how much everyone moved around whenever a couple of new votes came in, and the last 4 people to send in their votes sent chaos through the top 10.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Thu May 12, 2011 3:09 pm

LOL love that you chose a 'bewildered' look for Ram man, he's obviously confused about all the fuss LOL

Good work simmo, I would have lost count at 4 votes personally. I run out of toes then.

=-)

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down