Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed

Post by DroothR on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 am

Courtesy of .Org poster AlessandraF:

Now that "makes" Leech for me. Smile

EDIT!

According to the 4H, the prototype's head was sitting far too high, and the final version of Leech should look more like...

Which works for me.

I just can't stand the bobble-head look of the one Mattel desplayed... silent

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 am

Apparently according to ToyGuru Hordak's armor will be vac-metal on the final version, and his arm attachments can spin (though the dial on his back is sculpted and non operational). It'll also use the same sort of attachment as Trap Jaw and Roboto, so technically Hordak's attachments be interchangable with those of both Trap Jaw and Roboto, and don't be surprised if we see more repaints of each in a future weapons pack.

Also Leech won't come with a second head after all. And as folks expected, Leech's crossbow has a clip to attach it to his arm. Oddly enough the 'net' is every bit as rigid plastic as it looks, so the use and point of it frankly escapes me, but that's matty for ya...

Here's a pic of 'arm cannon' (i.e. accessory-less) Hordak:

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:06 am

Sledge Hammer! wrote:Oddly enough the 'net' is every bit as rigid plastic as it looks, so the use and point of it frankly escapes me, but that's matty for ya...
There's no way the final production one will be rigid.

It's got to fold up to fit inside a standard MotUC blistercard afterall.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 am

I don't understand why the dial is sculpted? What is the point? If there was a big lever that is used for an action feature and is not really part of the design, I would not want it sculpted in. Orko didn't have a big whole through his abdomen for a rip chord. Why the F does Hordak need a dial on this back?? It was part of the armour design, I could understand, but it's a freakin' dial!

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 am

Personally I like it, it doesn't interfere with the sculpt, and it has a nostalgic value!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:02 am

The net is no higher or wider than Leech himself really, so it'd fit behind him on the card just fine I would imagine, and TG made no mention at all of the final version being any different or made from a different material than the rigid bat-shaped net that was on display. We'll see though I guess...

As for the dial, I don't see the point either.

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 am

From Matty:

"So I finally got the first shot of Leech in my hands (that is the first time we have a sample that looks like the toy fully painted for us to review). Now that I've seen him (and not the Horsemen non movable sculpt) I wanted to share some details since I know there have been a lot of questions.

First off, he does not have suction cup hands. They are made of plastic like everything else. He does though come with a red Horde net that does have working suction cups as an homage to the vintage toy's action feature. The hands are also jointed like Bow, with ball joints for more movement.

The only reused parts are the shoulders, upper arms, legs and ankles. Everything else is new and he does stand a bit taller and is a bit wider compared to other figures.

The "armor" is part of the sculpt just like the vintage figure.

One of my favorite parts of the sculpt are the "plates" on the back where the pump was on the vintage toy. That and the tiny hole inside the mouth are awesome touches from the Horsemen.

The shoulder pad and Horde arm band are one removable piece (I think in an ask Matty we reported this as non remobable, but it is). They "connect" where they naturally touch. It works really well.

In addition to the net he also comes with his vintage crossbow which can clip onto his wrist just like the vintage figure.

One last note on the head. I know there has been a lot of back and forth about whether Leech needed two heads (closed mouth, and open vintage toy suction cup look). I'll confess I was 100% in the "needs another head" camp but was overruled by design and the Horsemen. And now that I see him I totally get it.

The head is just perfect. It is this amalgam of everything about Leech. It really is what "the vintage toy would look like under today's standards of articulation and detail" (which was our cut down creative direction for the brand). The boys in Jersey really nailed it. Leech is AWESOME! (can you tell he was a favorite of mine as a child...I digress)"

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz-Scott on Wed May 18, 2011 4:32 am

Interesting... Tho I can't help thinking the net is pointless...

Oz-Scott

Number of posts : 189
Trading Status : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed May 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Glad to hear that Hordak is vac coloured, that gold looked kinda iffy.

Leech.... hmm... after seeing the staction I wished to have a swap out, but I guess given the source material and the point of this line is classics based, it'll suffice...

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2