The Bully that pushed too far ..........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bully that pushed too far ..........

Post by Blaster on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 am

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/bullied-boy-at-chifley-college-dunheved-campus-suspended-after-fighting-back/story-e6freooo-1226021940542

Just for those who may not have seen it.

I don't condone violence as the right way to deal with these things, however in this case I think it was justified as there has to be a breaking point.
Casey dumped the bully and walked away which would have taken great control and has earnt him a lot of respect.
My daughter is currently going through some issues at school at the moment so hopefully this story will be an eyeopener for Teachers, schools and the education department in every state to show that their systems and antibullying programs are not effective in all cases

Blaster

Number of posts : 383
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bully that pushed too far ..........

Post by TheSweetestThing on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Something similar happened to me in high school, after my parents came in and discussed the incident with the principal, my punishment was retracted. I think this was blown very well out of proportion (i.e. everyone giving their 2 cents) because of the video.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Good on the big guy for making a stand - I imagine he's a big wrestling fan becuase that was a pretty sweet slam.

I remember copping quite a bit as a kid while living with other ex-pat kids in Indonesia and even more when my family moved to Australia. Despite my interest in MMA and contact sports, I consider myself a pretty easy going non-confrontational sort of fella so my answer to this sort of situation is to always walk away. That being said, there are situations when there are things worth fighting for (family, friends etc) and/or you reach a limit and have to stand up for yourself.

You obviously have to punish all parties for fighting, I just hope the bully and the cowards that watched/recorded get the harsher end of the stick.

How much can teachers do these days? I always figured that their hands are literally tied behind their back because of red tape and the fear of being sued etc. I remember when we used to get the ruler for this sort of stuff.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mse6 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm

good on the kid...but what I find more amusing is the fact that the "friends" of the bully posted the video of their 'mate' getting slammed. That is just awesome. Now this bully has been pwned worldwide.

As my teacher use to say, " If someone strikes you turn the other cheek, but if they strike you again...put then down so they never forget it."

mse6
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 273
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mousedroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 am

Good on him. The only thing bullies understand is violence.
I was bullied at high school. I was always brought up "Just ignore it and it will go away".
It didnt but after i was pushed too far I fought back and the bully never came near me again. i wish i fought back sooner.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Man was it a sweet slam......I'm a teacher at a smallish catholic school 900 kids....we're squeesed into very small grounds and in 3 yrs I've never seen or heard of a fight happening which is pretty good seeing that the kids are spread over a small area during breaks etc...... at both breaks I think there are 8 teachers out on duty wearing high vis vests.....there'd rarely be any bullying going on out in the ground tho....I'm sure there's plenty going on more so at locker areas before classes/ in toilets...you can't be everywhere right?. I tend to keep an eye on the "usual suspects" whenever on duty and whenever I see a kid who's sad/has a different demeanour than usual I'll quietly ask if they're ok/tell them they can chat to me anytime etc. I've done relief at "tougher" schools with walkietalkies but rarely seen much trouble....plenty of verbal stuff happens in the classroom which you have to be right on.... I've broken up one fight....I went straight in held both boys apart and it stopped after a few logical steps were explained, tho I'm skinny it help being tall......Definately some kids endure a long sad 5 yrs at highschool......it sucks when you hear on the news that the school doesn't do much to stop repeat offenders, as wishy washy as our administration are with most things I think they'd be good in a situation like that. Eventually everyone has a breaking point...I guess it depends on what happens after that.......do they fight back with a brutal slam? does that just make the bully's parents come after you? do they change schools?, do they drink later in life? do they get apprenticeships and get treated like crap by their boss? do they shoot up a school in collorado

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:18 am

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Details: http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/casey-the-punisher-new-info-about-casey-heynes-and-his-bully-emerges/

It seems that this was a local incident (this is the first I had heard of that). Shocked

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:32 pm

That was a hell of a powerbomb/piledriver type thing!

I was bullied a bit in year 9 & 10 due to my sexuality. All the guys who annoyed me at school left at the end of year 10, so year 11 & 12 were fine.

But yeah, you can only push people so far. That little bully kid totally got what was coming to him.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm so glad that little punk got what was coming.
The morons that recorded it needed to be suspended as well.
Why the bigger kid got suspended is stupid, he was clearly defending himself and he's punished for that??

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Artistix wrote:That was a hell of a powerbomb/piledriver type thing!
It's called a "Dominator". Wink

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Hemish wrote:I'm so glad that little punk got what was coming.
The morons that recorded it needed to be suspended as well.
Why the bigger kid got suspended is stupid, he was clearly defending himself and he's punished for that??

According to the school, if you're going to retaliate and get away with it, you need to do something that is considered 'equal' (sounds retarded to me).

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:57 pm

DroothR wrote:Details: http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/casey-the-punisher-new-info-about-casey-heynes-and-his-bully-emerges/

It seems that this was a local incident (this is the first I had heard of that). Shocked
He lives in the next suburb over from me....

Art i was the opposite to you, i mucked around at school, never was a scholar, and never thought twice about throwing a fist back to defend myself, but at the beginning of year 11 the principal called me in and told me i was on my last legs and that any trouble and he would expell me, so as soon as anything happened and i didn't fight back (i was a giant by then so plenty of guys liked to prove their alpha qualities because of it) they jumped right on it, i stopped catching the bus home, i even took to going to the library during breaks, god forbid, so i sort of felt what it was like to be bullied, but a few weeks after i left after my hsc i was at a club and one of the twerps was there carrying on, i didn't pile drive him Casey style but he never spoke to me again afterwards...

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top