The News Thread (aka "Toyguru says...")

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The News Thread (aka "Toyguru says...")

Post by Jor-El on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:27 am

They really have buggered this sale. No changes for 3 days and then all these rapid comings and goings on the last day. They should just remove the sold out stuff from the page already.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gevaudin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 am

So pissed I missed BA Skels... but I'm cheap, I can't help it. >_<

And thanks to Jor, now 2 guard sets richer. Uhm, mine, not his, he got his own... just talked me into it.

Gevaudin

Number of posts : 289
Trading Status : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 am

Hell I'm thinking of adding more guards to my collection, at half price who wouldn't!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:29 am

Bummer. I held off on Tri-Klops hoping to be able to add Randor and Marlena to the same order to save on shipping and missed out.

Oh well. I'm still pretty happy about my original haul of BG Teela, Vikor and Zodak. I would have happily grabbed Stratos and Tri-Klops at the same time for $18.00 each though. I don't quite understand the "logic" behind the bizarre sales tactics.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotToyKid on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:56 pm

I had a blast with Matty Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales. Moments of joy and frustration like many others. Overall, very happy I was able to get Man-At-Arms and Tri-Klops at $10.00 each but missed out on my favourite Faker due to sleep requirements.

HotToyKid

Number of posts : 31
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Well, in true Matty fashion, the sale was one giant cluster****. tongue

On the first day I got Scareglow & the first Weapons Pak, and on the final day I broke down and bought that blonde giant that can't do jumping-jacks, and a 2nd Skeletor (at half price, I figured why not?).

Now if Mattel will just release a Stratos with unglued wings, then I'll have them ALL. Shocked

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Got myself a few things in the sale and missed out on a few more, but that's how it goes I guess, happy with what I got and unlike half the whiners on the matty forum I didn't cry and moan about what I missed.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:47 am

From Mattel's Facebook page (as an aside WHY do they have mattycollector.com if they insist on releasing information on various fan websites, action figure websites and Facebook - can't there be a single source of information?):

"Hey everyone.

The 30th aniversairy year starts in less then 30 days and we are just on the edge of our seat. There is so much great MOTU goodness coming next year above and beyond the Classsics toy line in what will surely be a year long celebration.

We'll be kicking things off in December with a sneak peak at the new licensing art created in the Classics style. You'll hopefully see a lot of this art on tons of products next year from T-shirts to DVD releases and everything in between.

There are a few projects that have not fully come together, but once all the loose ends are tied, we'll have some big announcements for fans of MOTU of all ages. Stay tuned.

In terms of the MOTUC toy line, do look for some changes in 2012. For starters, day of prices for basic figures will go up to $22.00. Subscribers will still get there figures for the 2008 price of $20.00. Larger items like beasts and multipacks will also go up in similar increments ($33.00 vs. $30.00 etc...). We are still waiting to confirm implementing a system for subscribers to also purchase day-of or non sub product and save on shipping by combing with their sub items. Please stand by on this.

Also, as previously announced, we are reducing production quota a bit in 2012 to be closer to the sub number. There will be some day-of product, but some figures may not be as plentiful as they were in years past. (which also means you likely won't see sales like we just had on Black Friday/Cyber Monday again. Sure there may be a sale here and there, but it won't likely be as extensive or as discounted as we just had). Going forward, as we start planning 2013, the line will start to favor the subscription model just a bit more. After a few years at this, we've found that is the safest bet to keep the line going long term. (there will still be day-of, it just means the sub is a bit more important as the lifeblood and growth indicator of the line, if that helps).

Finally, we have had a few schedule slips in 2012 already. There will 100% be a monthy figure, but some of the quarterly or 30th figures may slip a month or two. All will ship in 2012, they just may not be on the orignal month announced at SDCC etc. I know already we moved the Star Sisters to Feb and Thunder Punch He-Man has slipped out to April (from March). He will still have the first mini comic. We will update you as we move forward on any other changes to releases.

It truly looks to be an amazing year to be a MOTU fan in 2012. The mini comics are coming along fantastic. We are likley to reveal the covers of issues 2 and 3 at NYTF at our collector event (along with hopefully the next batch of figures and the updated Snake-Man-At-Arms with Roboto and TrapJaw parts). NYTF Collector night will be out next big reveal for all collector brands.

And the best part; 2012 is just the begining. Great things are in store for MOTU. The next few years are truly going to be a good journey.

Scott"

So ... $22.00 a figure. Not too bad as long as the exchange rate remains in favour of us Aussies.

Also, Snake MAA will have "Roboto and TrapJaw parts".

And subscribers MAY be able to add "day of" product to their subscriptions to save on shipping.

Finally, cherry-pickers will be shown the door in 2013. I guess just how much cherry pickers (of which I am one) will be ... discouraged will be evident from the sale of The Sorceress in January, but things don't sound too positive from a cherry picker perspective from 2013 onwards.

Last edited by Xenaphobia on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:03 am

Going forward, as we start planning 2013, the line will start to favor the subscription model just a bit more. After a few years at this, we've found that is the safest bet to keep the line going long term.

Clearly ex-rocket scientists at work at Mattel.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:22 am

I'm happy with all that info, as a subscriber things look good for me!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Dabigfella wrote:I'm happy with all that info, as a subscriber things look good for me!

Same. Very Happy

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:02 pm

They are killing the line!!!

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:22 am

Demo-Man apparently delayed until sometime in January.

So unless you order him separately on the 15th, then ALL Mattel items purchased in December (either on day of sale or through subscription) will he held until Demo-Man's arrival in January and they will then all be shipped together with Demo-Man.

At least, that's how I understand Mattel's latest update. Basically, if you have a subscription you're getting a late Christmas present and unless you want to pay for separate shipping for Demo-Man and Big Evil-Lynn or something else, then you'll also be receiving a late Christmas present.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 am

Doesn't bother me. My main worry was the Windraider. I can focus on that now. Smile

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 am

What figures are finishing off the year?

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:10 pm

^^^^

Demo-Man, Battleground Evil-Lynn, Wind Raider (vehicle) and re-issue Skeletor.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Wonder if they will put up other reissue figures in his place?

Thats it im done with this line! Laughing

Last edited by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dummy spit.)

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:48 pm

^^^^

Already, but didn't you only just start collecting? You'll come to know and love and hate and hate some more the simultaneously mad and marvelous Matty!

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Xenaphobia wrote:^^^^

Already, but didn't you only just start collecting? You'll come to know and love and hate and hate some more the simultaneously mad and marvelous Matty!

Hee hee.
I just thought that as a collector of this line it now entitles me to piss and whine about every single thing matty does. Twisted Evil
Looking forward to the wind raider, and hanging for my big box from black Friday/cyber Monday.
It seems I am now collecting a lot more motu stuff than I first anticipated.

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Fancy that Wink

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:23 am

I don't know if this is already in here somewhere, but I saw this comment about Sorceress on the Org from ToyGuru:

"We just got in early samples of Sorceress. Her wings are AHM-Azing. Terry reengineered and improved on the concept (as shown at Power Con) and as you lift her arms, the wings really "magically" open. They are still fully articulated and you can repose as you wish. But they way the unfold as her arm is lifted is very cool. Plus he removed the need to connect at the upper arm (only the shoulder) which greatly improves the articulation. I'll have to shoot a down and dirty video and post it just to show you. It's friggin cool and totally unexpected. 2012 is going to kick off so nice!"

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 am

An update on MotUC from Mattel:

The line is cancelled, effective end of 2012.

Sad

Nah, not really. Wink But there's been a heck of a lot of controversy going down in the last 24 hours...

To start, some people have had their Demo-Man figures sent, while most have not. Turns out that he's been arriving at the distribution centre in small, partial shipments. To make it worse though, DR has been sending out non-sub orders first, meaning that subscribers will end up having their items sent days (possibly weeks?) after "day-of" purchasers. Neutral

Then, Mattel added their January sale day list to the Mattycollector website, including Sorceress and Photog.

Shortly after however, subscribers were sent an email telling them that Photog has been delayed to February (though as of this posting, Photog remains on the list of January sale items on the Matty site).

Naturally, this has frustrated many people, as not only have we already had a slew of delays (with Demo-Man and sub-BGELs still not yet shipped for most fans), but the Star Sisters were originally moved from January to February in order to spread releases, and not clump too many items in a single sale.

This means that January will have only Sorceress for MotU fans, right? Oops! According to toyguru in a post today, they don't yet know if ANY of January's sale items will be available (mere days before the sale date).

Add that to their new policy of not shipping any items until their entire allotment is in (after the Demo-Man mess), it looks like February may have: Sorceress, Fisto, Star Sisters, and Fearless Photog ($120-$132, before shipping) all shipping at once. Shocked

Due to all of the delays, toyguru also (expectedly) announced that much of the Jan-June releases will be shuffled around and bumped back by a month or 2, and that they're hoping to get things back on schedule by July.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510
Trading Status : 24

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 am

DroothR wrote:An update on MotUC from Mattel:

The line is cancelled, effective end of 2012.
Nah, not really. Wink But there's been a heck of a lot of controversy going down in the last 24 hours.

You actually got me to bite!
Very rarely does that happen.

I don't really care about release dates and delays to be honest, but that's probably because I have got so much motu goodness over the last few months.
When I get them I get them, although in saying that no sign of my last black Monday package or wind raider yet.......

UncleCletusKasady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am

Lol

Jor-El

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Eh. I don't mind the delays, especially since all Matty shipments are pretty "delayed" for Aussies anyway (still waiting for my Black Friday order).

But it does frustrate me that the risk of "slippage" is Toy Guru's main "reason" for refusing to offer pre-paid pre-orders, yet it is clear that slippage can and will occur and it is somehow "acceptable" for those who have annual subscriptions?

I know that "logistics" is the other main "reason" for not offering pre-orders, but I'd really like the option to pre-order and pay for individual figures 6-8 months in advance of their estimated release date. They could still charge the regular (increased) day-of-sale price for pre-orders, so the subscribers would still benefit as they would be paying a lower price (in addition to receiving the subscription exclusive figure, maps, stickers, etc).

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top