Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 am

Saw it last night, great movie, kept the tone of the other Marvel movies (noticed Favreau was a producer) a good mix of humour and action. Liked the testing out of each of the characters and them slowly joining up and they got the interaction of Cap/Stark perfectly, the brash performer vs the obedient schoolboy. Cap will always struggle to look good in that costume but it works out well with his old fashioned/ out of place character.....
Spoiler:
"It looks to be powered by some sort of electricity".....Gold!
Hulk steals the show with some brilliant moves straight from Marvel Vs Capcom,
Spoiler:
....and the final punch to Thor was hilarious..... Liked him trying to pick up Thor's hammer and would be good for them to have Cap pick it up and use it against the big T in the next one
Again I didn't see much need for it to be in 3D.....I'm still not convinced most movies need to use it. We got the Spiderman (I'll watch) Iron Sky (maybe) Burtons flick (no) Men in Black 3 (definitely not) trailers and a load of commercials.....9.30 flick and left the cinemas at 12.15

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:35 am

Such a disagreement can only be solved through breakdance fighting my friend. You free this Friday for lunch?

Yeah, I'm free Friday. I'll bring my card-board mat. Hamburgers?

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am

I just got back from watching it tjis arvo, I agree that Hulk steals the movie!!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoloMusashi on Thu May 03, 2012 10:01 am

More info on the extra scene - http://www.slashfilm.com/extra-scene-shot-the-avengers-finally-revealed/
Looks like it's only available to cinemas in the US and all markets that follow the North American release - DVD\BR for the rest of us.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Being a completely inessential scene, I don't mind the other markets getting the film weeks later getting it, and us missing out. Smile

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

It would seem almost worthless sitting until the end credits to see that.

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 am

Jor-El wrote:It would seem almost worthless sitting until the end credits to see that.
I always appreciate credits. Smile

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1510

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri May 04, 2012 9:57 am

I'm off to see the movie in about 3 hours!! Very Happy

Movie was very awesome!!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2290
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaster on Tue May 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Ummm - WOW!!

That is all!!

Blaster

Number of posts : 382
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed May 09, 2012 3:18 am

The Avengers was amazing!

I was even impressed with the Black Widow and I've never been impressed by Scar-Jo and thought she was one of the most toxic elements of Iron Man 2.

My only minor quibble would be the lack of explanation for the Hulk's rather sudden turn-around.

During Bruce Banner's first Hulk-out on the Helicarrier, was he being mind-controlled by Loki? Loki never poked Banner in the chest with his magical mind-control stick, yet the Hulk seemed to be somehow influenced by Loki since he started attacking the Black Widow even before she fired a gun at him (i.e. took offensive action against the Hulk).

During Bruce Banner's second Hulk-out in New York, he was taking orders, playing as part of the team and saving the lives of his fellow Avengers. Is this because Loki somehow wasn't influencing him any longer? Or is Loki irrelevant and it all comes down to how the Hulk is released?

If the Hulk is released outside of Bruce Banner's "control" (as on the Helicarrier), then he is a mindless beast. But, if Bruce Banner voluntarily releases the Hulk (as in New York), then he retains some "control" over the Hulk or the Hulk retains some degree of Banner's thoughts and reasoning ability?

Last edited by Xenaphobia on Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Wed May 09, 2012 3:55 am

Xenaphobia wrote:My only minor quibble would be the lack of explanation for the Hulk's rather sudden turn-around.

During Bruce Banner's first Hulk-out on the Helicarrier, was he being mind-controlled by Loki? Loki never poked Banner in the chest with his magical mind-control stick, yet the Hulk seemed to be somehow influenced by Loki since he started attacking the Black Widow even before she fired a gun at him (i.e. took offensice action against the Hulk).

During Burce Banner's second Hulk-out in New York, he was taking orders, playing as part of the team and saving the lives of his fellow Avengers. Is this because Loki somehow wasn't influencing him any longer? Or is Loki irrelevant and it all comes down to how the Hulk is released?

If the Hulk is released outside of Bruce Banner's "control" (as on the Helicarrier), then he is a mindless beast. But, if Bruce Banner voluntarily releases the Hulk (as in New York), then he retains some "control" over the Hulk or the Hulk retains some degree of Banner's thoughts and reasoning ability?

I was under the impression that his (amazingly quick) change of character from the hellicarrier to NY was because on the hellicarrier he had just discovered that Shield were planning to make a weapon so his anger was directed at them and in NY the "aliens" were attacking him / his friends so his anger was directed at them.

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Wed May 09, 2012 5:55 am

Mahzian wrote:
Xenaphobia wrote:My only minor quibble would be the lack of explanation for the Hulk's rather sudden turn-around.

During Bruce Banner's first Hulk-out on the Helicarrier, was he being mind-controlled by Loki? Loki never poked Banner in the chest with his magical mind-control stick, yet the Hulk seemed to be somehow influenced by Loki since he started attacking the Black Widow even before she fired a gun at him (i.e. took offensice action against the Hulk).

During Burce Banner's second Hulk-out in New York, he was taking orders, playing as part of the team and saving the lives of his fellow Avengers. Is this because Loki somehow wasn't influencing him any longer? Or is Loki irrelevant and it all comes down to how the Hulk is released?

I was under the impression that his (amazingly quick) change of character from the hellicarrier to NY was because on the hellicarrier he had just discovered that Shield were planning to make a weapon so his anger was directed at them and in NY the "aliens" were attacking him / his friends so his anger was directed at them.

That's how I saw it too, his anger was directed at a symbol of shield, (Black Widow) when they were fighting together he could see who the actual enemy really was.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 am

^^^^

Ah. Fair enough. I guess that makes sense.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1326
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 am

Saw it Saturday and loved it. It is by far the best Marvel super hero movie.
Hats off to Joss Whedon for executing it so well. Loved the Whedon humour and character interplay he made famous in the likes of Buffy.

Everyone i talk to loved it also and they are not comic book fans like most of us.
I dont know how they are going to pull together the sequel for the general population but I hope that Whedon will weave his magic again.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4