My Kicks

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Kicks

Post by MAN on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi gang,

I got into the sneaker game back in 2007.

It all started with the following dvds: Just For Kicks and Magic Johnson Always Showtime.

They changed my whole outlook on sneakers. They summarise our overall outfits and at times can give people an idea of who we are. The Magic Johnson dvd was insightful. Magic and Larry Bird saved the NBA with their ferocious rivalry on the court. Increased ratings. And they both rocked The Converse Weapon! Awesome shoe.

My first pair of Converse Weapons. These were a part of the 2007 Hip Hop series. They represent the windy city through a graffiti style graphic on the in sole. There were 2 other cities, L.A and New York. Missed out on those. Weapons are hard to find. At the time everyone I knew were all about the Nike Air Force 1's. Didn't want to follow the crowd, so I chased Weapons.

2008 was Converse's 100th anniversary. They re-released the weapons in old school colourways and incorporated the use of modern materials. Top: Larry Birds (all leather), Middle: New York Weapons (combination of suede and leather) Bottom: Magic Johnsons (leather/suede upper heel). Great to play basketball in.

Weaon Lo that I picked up at a discount sporting goods store.

Dwayne Wade 3's. These are retired. I use to wear these when I played with for an old school mate's team. He was the biggest hog. Had a falling out recently. Bad memories attached to these shoes. Also they're a bit heavy on the court.

Nike SB Premiums. My first pair of Nike SB's! Love these shoes. They just pop. Extremely comfortable. Suede, leather and hemp!

Nike SB Hemps. Picked these up at a sneaker flea market recently. HAD TO HAVE EM! Not as comfortable as the pair above though. The toe box kinda cuts into my feet. Have to break into em some more.

Paul Rodriguez 4's. These are heaven for your feet! I'm not a skater, but I love skate shoes. These were designed for comfort and traction. Tongue has a vent for better air circulation. I believe there is an air bag under the heel, and one at the top of the shoe for extra cushioning.

Paul Rodiguez Zoom Airs by STASH. Nike have been collaborating with graffiti artists for a while now. Stash, Futura2000, Haze..these are probably the most solid pair of shoes I have ever owned. The outter sole is close to being concrete hard. Can crack nuts with these. The design is quite interesting. Different materials, and a city scape image on the side panels.

Air Jordan 1's Defining Moments Package(bulls V celtics). My first pair of Jordans as an adult. These come in a two drawer box and have some historical stats on the inside of the tongue. Jordan dropped 63 points against the celtics...

Steve Nash Cradle Rocks. Currently playing basketball in these. HARD TO FIND pair of shoes. Still chasing a pair of the ones in the Philippines colourway.

Ok. Now for my favourite pair of sneakers. Limitedsole.com BRUCE WAYNES! These are bad-ASS! The mould is inspired by the Nike Air Force 1 sneaker, but not made by Nike. There were 1939 pairs of these released to celebrate the year that Batman was created. Mostly suede with Batman imagery along the side panel. BRUCE WAYNE on the heels, Batman image on the outer tongue. 607/1939.

I have a few more pairs that I wear a lot. A few VANS slip ons, a few CHUCK TAYLORS =)

Thanks for peeping my kicks.

MAN

MAN

Number of posts : 276
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Kicks

Post by BoloMusashi on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 am

So you wear them out? How do you keep them so clean?

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:25 am

BoloMusashi wrote:So you wear them out? How do you keep them so clean?

I eventually wear all of my shoes Very Happy Depends on the weather, what I'm wearing and where I'm going...

I think the flash on my camera hid the dirt on some of these shoes haha.

Leather: I wipe down with Wet Ones or just with a damp hand towel

Suede: Pain in the ass to clean. Warm towel, dry toothbrush, a rubber eraser...for tough stains best to get em professional cleaned, otherwise vinegar can lift some of it off...b

Rubber: Toothbrush, warm water and Jiff/Ajax. Scrub em cleaaaaan.

Laces: Hand washed in warm water and laundry soap. Ironed if can be bothered.

HAHA.

Thanks for peepin em!

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:32 am

One can never have enough shoes I say. Very Happy

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 am

Artistix wrote:One can never have enough shoes I say. Very Happy

TRUE!

However I have been late to a few get-togethers because I don't know which pair to wear, HAHA.

Thanks for looking =)

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

Love this, very nice. Most of my shoes are Globes, because I love their styles. I was keeping them all clean for a while but then dropped off the bandwagon.
Now though, all I've been wearing for the last few months are my ebay'd pair of Adidas TS Creators (Derrick Rose's pro model). I bought them for $70 just after laying down $140 of so for a pair off NBA.com. So very worth it, the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and I'm glad I have two pairs. Might even buy another pair if the opportunity arises.
I might take some pics (or upload the ones I took when they were new) of my shoes and throw them up here for a look some time. Along with my toy collection, its been 2 years since I've showed that off (and its very different).

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 am

TheSweetestThing wrote:Love this, very nice. Most of my shoes are Globes, because I love their styles. I was keeping them all clean for a while but then dropped off the bandwagon.
Now though, all I've been wearing for the last few months are my ebay'd pair of Adidas TS Creators (Derrick Rose's pro model). I bought them for $70 just after laying down $140 of so for a pair off NBA.com. So very worth it, the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and I'm glad I have two pairs. Might even buy another pair if the opportunity arises.
I might take some pics (or upload the ones I took when they were new) of my shoes and throw them up here for a look some time. Along with my toy collection, its been 2 years since I've showed that off (and its very different).

WORD. Thanks =)

NICE PICK UP!

I'D LOVE to see your kicks. You play ball Sweetest?? Those Derrick Rose sneakers are hot! Have you seen the Kobe 5's???? I want a pair of those. Light weight performance shoe. Youtube em. There are a few vids of Kobe describing the design process. Very interesting stuff!

Definitely buy another pair and ICE THEM BAD BOYS! I bought another pair of P Rod 4's to stash away.

I stumbled onto this site http://shop.ccs.com. They stock a lot of skate brands, t-shirts, shoes, hoodies...$30 USD shipping is all I paid for my last order.
Ordered a few NIKE SB t-shirts and a pair of SUPRA/LIZARD KING Bullets. Will post when I get em =)

Thanks for looking!

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Sweet, I'll try and get some photos up on the weekend.
I don't play ball, I've never really tried but as a kid I was totally enthralled by MJ. Just recently got into watching it as the NBA finals were going. I'm buying a new HD PVR very soon so I can actually catch the games on ONE HD when they air.
Yeah, I saw the Kobe 5's. I have to say, I'm usually more of a hi-top fan when it comes to Basketball shoes, but I don't mind some of Nike's gear. And although I think Kobe is a bit of a dick, I still think he's a legend on the court.

Thanks for the link - damn, what a range! I love love DC's range of Ken Block shoes, his Monster related colours are sweet for shoes so I might have to grab a pair on there at some stage (forgot to pick some up when I was in Vegas last year, they had some sweet ones in the DC store there).

Next year I'm back in the states so I'll be buying up a lot more shoes this time around - ball shoes are so much cheaper there!

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:48 pm

TheSweetestThing wrote:Sweet, I'll try and get some photos up on the weekend.
I don't play ball, I've never really tried but as a kid I was totally enthralled by MJ. Just recently got into watching it as the NBA finals were going. I'm buying a new HD PVR very soon so I can actually catch the games on ONE HD when they air.
Yeah, I saw the Kobe 5's. I have to say, I'm usually more of a hi-top fan when it comes to Basketball shoes, but I don't mind some of Nike's gear. And although I think Kobe is a bit of a dick, I still think he's a legend on the court.

Thanks for the link - damn, what a range! I love love DC's range of Ken Block shoes, his Monster related colours are sweet for shoes so I might have to grab a pair on there at some stage (forgot to pick some up when I was in Vegas last year, they had some sweet ones in the DC store there).

Next year I'm back in the states so I'll be buying up a lot more shoes this time around - ball shoes are so much cheaper there!

I am so happy that the NBA is back on 10!

Luck you! They are a lot cheaper there. At HYPE and Footlocker, they want over $200 for a pair of Jordans. Salesman please!!!! In the back of my mind I'm like 'dude I can get 2 or 3 pairs for this price overseas!' Hmmyeah.

Yeah the Ken Block shoes are ILL! Nice colour combos. Never owned a pair of DC shoes. I'm considering picking up a pair of Ken Block Spartans on my next order =) Have you seen Gymkhana 3?...not as good as his previous videos with Subaru.

Here are my top 5 most wanted kicks (at the moment):

5. Nike Dunk Pigeons (designed by Jeff Staple, only a few hundred made)
4. Manny Pacquiao Trainer 1's
3. Jordan 13's (mum bought me these when I was a kid. If I could go back in time, I'd beat myself up for destroying these..LOL)
2. Nike SB Concept Yellow Lobsters (these go for about $1k like the pigeons)
1. Converse Youth Shin Hi Weapons (cannot find a pair of these ANYWHERE!!!!!!!)

If you haven't seen Just For Kicks, I highly recommend seeing it =)

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIELD DAY on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Im watching Just for Kicks now its on the FMC family channel on Foxtel.

Man good to see another sneaker head on here, besides the few that I know here, me n TST, lol

All I got is one piece of advice, stick to a certain make, or designer and go hard on that. I made the mistake of expanding my collection from three lines to toooooo many now.

Im on them Nike Air Max 90's, 180's, Skylines, Prestos, Flights, Jordan IVs, Vs,IIIs, Puma Clydes, MTV Raps collection, Adidas Shell Toes, and my new love Laser Etched Nikes, and pretty much any graph related designs.

Then you gotta have the fitteds to match your kicks, or a Jacket, Its addictive like figs. When I get a camera and get around to cleaning my ToyRoom and Sneaker Builtin Ill post pics....

FIELD DAY

Number of posts : 28
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2010-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:14 am

I'm glad youbpopped your head in fieldy, looking forward to seeing some pics of your ocdness!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:17 am

I find it a lot easier to just buy what I like the look of...as long as I have the money. That idea has gone out the window now though, I'm sticking to ball kicks from now on. And I'm going to try the bastards on.
I put on my second pair of Globe Mace Hi's yesterday, after having worn only work boots and the Creators since I got them months ago...damn. Talk about NO support.
I'm never buying another unsupportive skate shoe again.

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:17 pm

FIELD DAY wrote:Im watching Just for Kicks now its on the FMC family channel on Foxtel.

Man good to see another sneaker head on here, besides the few that I know here, me n TST, lol

All I got is one piece of advice, stick to a certain make, or designer and go hard on that. I made the mistake of expanding my collection from three lines to toooooo many now.

Im on them Nike Air Max 90's, 180's, Skylines, Prestos, Flights, Jordan IVs, Vs,IIIs, Puma Clydes, MTV Raps collection, Adidas Shell Toes, and my new love Laser Etched Nikes, and pretty much any graph related designs.

Then you gotta have the fitteds to match your kicks, or a Jacket, Its addictive like figs. When I get a camera and get around to cleaning my ToyRoom and Sneaker Builtin Ill post pics....

I didn't think that anybody else would be into sneakers here on the forum, glad you guys came in and checked out my kicks!

Thank you for the advice. My main focus is on the Nike Dunks/SB's, however I will pick up shoes that are unique, dead stock or shoes that I had when I was a kid. Jordan 13's were my first pair of Jordans. Totally trashed those when I was a kid.

Would love to peep your collection FIELDY Very Happy

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIELD DAY on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 am

Will post photos when I get sometime and can clear enough space in the lounge room,last time I took a shot of my 90's to show my mate in London, had to move a fair bit of furniture, lol, oh and the last time I cleaned a chunk of my collection had a female friend come over who freaked at the amount.

Roughly sitting on 120-130 pairs, as i sold off a stack a month or two back, but my mate Jedman, sold a about 70 pairs and is still sitting in the 400's...

Its funny how many worldwide connects you can make on FB, now im copping 90's for $50 to $90 to the door instead of $180 to $220 in the shop...

FIELD DAY

Number of posts : 28
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2010-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:10 am

FIELD DAY wrote:Will post photos when I get sometime and can clear enough space in the lounge room,last time I took a shot of my 90's to show my mate in London, had to move a fair bit of furniture, lol, oh and the last time I cleaned a chunk of my collection had a female friend come over who freaked at the amount.

Roughly sitting on 120-130 pairs, as i sold off a stack a month or two back, but my mate Jedman, sold a about 70 pairs and is still sitting in the 400's...

Its funny how many worldwide connects you can make on FB, now im copping 90's for $50 to $90 to the door instead of $180 to $220 in the shop...

Oh word?? LOL.

I think I should get facebook.....

Will post two new pick ups later tonight.

You guys are inspirational.

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 am

Sweet collection mate Smile Well done Smile

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:29 am

Hey MAN just thought I'd drop this in, just in case you were interested. I was re-reading this thread and saw you have Jordan 13's on your list of kicks you want. Footlocker are getting the retro'd ones in on Saturday, black/green as part of the Altitude pack. Just thought you might like to know, though I have a feeling you want an original pair Razz
Check out the Footlocker.com.au blog section if you want to know details.

Anyway I'm heading to Parramatta early Saturday morning to see if I can lay my hands on a pair (was going to get the retro'd 3's coming out the weekend after but I like the 13's better, especially in this colourway).
I've taken a step up in my collecting since this thread, bought my all time favourite pair of shoes that were retro'd a few weeks back (will post pics soon) and I'm now chasing several more pairs that are up on pickyourshoes.com - including the Jordan 1's pack you have - I just need to get some money! Razz

My list of 'wants' at the moment,
Jordan 11's - Cool Grey
Jordan 1's - DMP pack
Nike Lebron 8 (original colourway)
Reebok Zigtech Slash - John Wall colourway

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

drools*

Thanks for the heads up Sweetest!!!!!!

How much do Footlocker want for these? A bazillion dollars?!?! LOL.

That colour scheme is pretty hot.

Man I could back in time and stop my young self from destroying these, I would!!! HAHA!

Let me know how you go!

Thanks again! Smile

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 am

Honestly, got no idea how much they will be. If they're over $250 I'm walking out though, don't like them that much Razz
Will update on the weekend after I've been Smile

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 am

Okay so I'm a month late in responding...but here they are anyway;

And my other two;

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 am

OH DAYUMMMMMM. LOL!

Nice pick ups!!!

I remember back in primary school, this kid in my class had a low pair of the middle two. I was jealous...but then I got my Jordan 13's...

Here's an AWESOME pair I picked up at the Nike Store in Harbour Town QLD. Nike SB Omar Salazar's!! They are SICK. Tongue has a pouch so you can put your spare change, keys, in there.
Cost me $100. Comfy after you break into them.

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCollector on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:00 pm

those are sweet, i'm about to buy a pair of Nike Air Force 1 Premium 07 Mens Brown Boulder Flannel. they're the shoes that Eli wears on SGU.

TheCollector

Number of posts : 230
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-09

View user profile http://card.mygamercard.net/wxIRONMANxw.html

Back to top Go down

Post by MAN on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:35 am

Cheers!

Do you have a pic of the shoes you're getting?

MAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:02 pm

stumbled across this today....kinda cool.....you can buy a template on a canvas too.... might be a nice idea for you shoe collectors...some great entries so far
http://www.footlockerartprize.com/

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:00 am

Yeah, I thought about it, but I have no skills outside of Paint Sad
It'd be really generic and wouldn't get me anywhere! Lol, but I'm keen to see the winner, I might want to buy a pair! Wink

TheSweetestThing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next