Looking to create a 'orc' figure, but need a bottom half! (explained in post)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking to create a 'orc' figure, but need a bottom half! (explained in post)

Post by Solas on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 am

Hi everyone.

I really only get the chance to do customising part-time, but it's something I enjoy and discovered I have a bit of skill in. My latest project is a customed Gears of War Grenadier Lambent figure from Player Select:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/grenadierlambent.jpg

This is being done for a friend and it mainly involves adding a bit of bulk to the body and some facial features...though the idea is to make it a bit more like a Lord of the Rings Uruk-Hai, meaning that it more wears a loincloth or less clothing than what the Grenadier Lambent has on.

A bit of experimenting revealed that the figure's torso has a ball-mounted joint attaching it to the legs, so seperating it is fine...but for the life of me, I can't think of a figure with legs that would be compatible with this. I can get around the ball joint by permanently joining the upper half to it, and I would really like to try for this look.

Any suggestions?

S.

Solas

Number of posts : 9
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking to create a 'orc' figure, but need a bottom half! (explained in post)

Post by Sam on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:39 am

if you dont mind sculpting on, why not cut / dremel at the thigh and change that way? or use teh ball joint itself, and recess it into a new leg perhaps? I wouldn't have a clue what would be a suitable figure as I dont have GOW figs, but I do know that theres nothing we cant achieved with a saw and glue LOL.
good luck mate = )

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking to create a 'orc' figure, but need a bottom half! (explained in post)

Post by Solas on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have a dremel at this stage. I'll keep working on it, though. Smile

S.

Solas

Number of posts : 9
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top