#$@#$%@#$@!# Facebook!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

#$@#$%@#$@!# Facebook!!!!!!

Post by bowspearer on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:42 am

I am now one of the most recent casualties of Facebook's illogical account disabling process. When I inquired why I had been banned, I was told that it was for either sending harrassing emails, spamming or sending a friend request to someone I do not know. Of these the last one is the only possible one I can think of and the whole situation makes a mockery of every single anti-discriminatory policy facebook has.

It all started when I joined the group "6,000,000 people died in the holocaust, let's find 6,000,000 more who remember them" (the exact title might be slightly different).

When I joined it, I noticed the admin had not been active in the group, however problematice members of the group had gotten worse and worse. On one hand you had outright sick and depraved anti-semitic comments and jokes, and on the other hand you had absolute Zionist nutcases who were libelling myself and others as antisemites simply for wanting groups like the disabled who suffered under Hitler to be equally common public knowledge.

I tried to message the group admin, however as facebook doesn't allow people to contact minors (from what i read of his posts, the boy who started the group is roughly only 12 years old), I sent him an add request. My sole reason for adding him was to inform him of the situation, that several people had had enough of it and to ask him not to remain asleep at the wheel and actually do something about the situation.

That was about 4 weeks ago. 2 days ago, I discovered my account had been disabled and this morning I received a reply back about the situation and told that they would not go into details as to why but it fell into one of those three categories.

Meanwhile, in the past I have reported violent threats I have been on the receiving end of as a member of anti-abortion groups and nothing has been done.

Clearly based on their actions here, facebook blatantly support violent threats and bigotry of all kinds.

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Number of posts : 242
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Kickin_It_Old_School/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: #$@#$%@#$@!# Facebook!!!!!!

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 am

Facebook has a system just like all other IT support programs, that look at problem solving by going into their database of answers to problems, and using those answers. Its like trying to get help out of ebay. It just doesn't work properly because they don't address your problem directly, they only answer with what they've got.
When you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and when you want an easily generic answering system, things like this happen.
As a bit of an IT nerd, I can only shake my head at how many times this sort of thing happens. In past experience, nothing can be done by petitioning to the organisation in question. They just don't care.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 am

Part of the reason why I never join causes or post my face as a profile picture there...I'm wary of exposing stuff about me to people who don't know me.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bowspearer on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am

Yeah, I've been reading up on this TST and it seems like this has happened to hundreds if not thousands of people going back at least 3 years or so. Considering the nature of what I was saying (not because of how radical I was, but rather because of how unwaveringly egalitarian I had been in discussion groups on there and often contrary to US interests) it wouldn't surprise me if the rumours about it being owned by the CIA were true after all.

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Number of posts : 242
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Kickin_It_Old_School/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Lol, sorry, but that last comment just makes me want to tell you to go put on a tin foil hat Razz

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 pm

TheSweetestThing wrote:Lol, sorry, but that last comment just makes me want to tell you to go put on a tin foil hat Razz
OT and no offence to anyone but I giggled out loud at that one and now my wife thinks I'm nuts......
On topic and I too never join causes, but the social side of it I really enjoy, and I'm a fence sitter on any major topic so I don't see myself getting into trouble(touch wood)

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top