Armageddon Expo

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Armageddon Expo

Post by awe on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:47 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be any good for action figures?

This one is on at Sydney Town Hall, March 21st, which seems like a big deal. I remember going to something like this at Homebush, a long time ago, which was ok but I haven't been back to any Australian conventions since I went to SDCC in 2004.

From photos I've seen, there seems to be a lot more cosplay around these days.

awe

Number of posts : 489
Age : 38
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 am

I've never heard of them, but it looks good. I'd cosplay it up but I'd probably look like a bit of an idiot on the train in a Jedi outfit Razz

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by ragericho on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm

TheSweetestThing wrote:I've never heard of them, but it looks good. I'd cosplay it up but I'd probably look like a bit of an idiot on the train in a Jedi outfit Razz

Dress up like jabbas leia and you will be praised on the train.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Age : 35
Location : QLD
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:27 pm

More like assaulted.....lol.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by ragericho on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:38 pm

TheSweetestThing wrote:More like assaulted.....lol.

Well that depends on whos on the train Razz

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Age : 35
Location : QLD
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by the dirty digger on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Armageddon Expo in Melbourne hasn't been bad. Pretty much a copy of Supanova. Doubt it could hold a candle to SDCC but still it's worth a look.

the dirty digger
Saving the world...one MILF at a time

Number of posts : 353
Age : 93
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by awe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 am

Thanks guys. I think I may check it out. Even if the stalls are no good, I'm starting to think that cosplay spectating in the heart of the Sydney CBD would be worth the trip Smile

the dirty digger wrote:Doubt it could hold a candle to SDCC but still it's worth a look.

Yeah, I expect we'll never have anything to rival SDCC but I remember going to one that was mostly Mange/Anime focussed and was so bored I actually sat down to watch the kamehameha competition. Shocked

awe

Number of posts : 489
Age : 38
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:26 am

awe wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be any good for action figures?

This one is on at Sydney Town Hall, March 21st, which seems like a big deal. I remember going to something like this at Homebush, a long time ago, which was ok but I haven't been back to any Australian conventions since I went to SDCC in 2004.

From photos I've seen, there seems to be a lot more cosplay around these days.
I was there in 04 aswell, and i came back and went straight to supanova, man that was a wierd experience!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:35 am

Dabigfella wrote:
awe wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be any good for action figures?

This one is on at Sydney Town Hall, March 21st, which seems like a big deal. I remember going to something like this at Homebush, a long time ago, which was ok but I haven't been back to any Australian conventions since I went to SDCC in 2004.

From photos I've seen, there seems to be a lot more cosplay around these days.
I was there in 04 aswell, and i came back and went straight to supanova, man that was a wierd experience!!

Are we going?

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Age : 39
Location : Westfield Blacktown
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by NiteOwl on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 am

UncleCletusKasady wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:
awe wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be any good for action figures?

This one is on at Sydney Town Hall, March 21st, which seems like a big deal. I remember going to something like this at Homebush, a long time ago, which was ok but I haven't been back to any Australian conventions since I went to SDCC in 2004.

From photos I've seen, there seems to be a lot more cosplay around these days.
I was there in 04 aswell, and i came back and went straight to supanova, man that was a wierd experience!!

Are we going?


Are we????? I'll go if you guys are going.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Age : 41
Location : Central Coast, NSW
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:06 am

I'll be there (unforseen circumstances not-withstanding).

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Hells yeah, i can get the day off work, plus thats my b'day! Good excuse i reckon!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm

sweet looks like we're going then, Simmo you in to?

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Age : 39
Location : Westfield Blacktown
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by simmo on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 am

Possibly...it'd be worth it to see you all on the east coast for a change.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Age : 37
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:53 am

West = Best!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 am

Dabigfella wrote:West = Best!

You forgot east if your a beast!

Nitey you going to stay longer than 20 mins this time Laughing
i got to go to kino to get me some trades whilst im in the city.
Might dress up in my spidey costume with no undies on and scare all the hot cosplay chicks!
Although the last time i did that i ended up getting sent to Australia so maybe not.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Age : 39
Location : Westfield Blacktown
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 am

Making this a meet up would be awesome. Scouring the city for toys is always a bitchin' time.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by NiteOwl on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 pm

UncleCletusKasady wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:West = Best!

You forgot east if your a beast!

Nitey you going to stay longer than 20 mins this time Laughing
i got to go to kino to get me some trades whilst im in the city.
Might dress up in my spidey costume with no undies on and scare all the hot cosplay chicks!
Although the last time i did that i ended up getting sent to Australia so maybe not.

.....I could possibly stretch it to thirty minutes.....I will have to discuss it with the higher power. I love you I love you I love you

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Age : 41
Location : Central Coast, NSW
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by Dabigfella on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
UncleCletusKasady wrote:
Dabigfella wrote:West = Best!

You forgot east if your a beast!

Nitey you going to stay longer than 20 mins this time Laughing
i got to go to kino to get me some trades whilst im in the city.
Might dress up in my spidey costume with no undies on and scare all the hot cosplay chicks!
Although the last time i did that i ended up getting sent to Australia so maybe not.

.....I could possibly stretch it to thirty minutes.....I will have to discuss it with the higher power. I love you I love you I love you
The good 'ole Minister for War and Finance!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 am

I'm my own minister for war and finance. Thus, I am constantly at war with myself as finances deplete too quickly.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by bowspearer on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 am

See I fired my Minister a long time ago- now I have a kick butt collection that's growing and the money just replenishes itself.... eventually Razz

bowspearer
Kickin' it old skool

Number of posts : 242
Age : 37
Location : Anywhere but here.
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Kickin_It_Old_School/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by Dabigfella on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Heads up for anyone still wanting to go, you need to pre book tickets for 10am entry, otherwise its 11am entry on the day, Uck and i will be there for 9.30am for the 10 entry!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Age : 39
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Thanks for that info DBF, gotta get myself organised!

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by The Scream Man on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Ill b there at 11.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Looks like I'm going to be doing the same, the website isn't showing me any 'pick up tickets at event' option and I'd rather they didn't try and mail them to me Razz

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Age : 28
Location : Central Coast
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Armageddon Expo

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:24 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum