Star wars galactic heroes battle sets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star wars galactic heroes battle sets

Post by Otter on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 am

Saw these at Kmart on the weekend for $14 each they had:
Geonosis Battle arena featuring: Geonosian warrior, Reek (triceretops looking thing), Anakin, Obiwon, Padme and another monster Nexu. Good value, also:
Escape from Mos Eisley faeturing: Sand troopers 2 types, Dewback (big lizard looking thing the storm troopers ride on), Luke, Hand and chewy.
I visited a couple of stores to see if they had any different types but it looked like there were only the 2 types.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Star wars galactic heroes battle sets

Post by Otter on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:38 am

Now I have always said to my wife "you are lucky that I dont collect Star Wars figures". This is mainly because there is so much to collect and you need a lot of room to store them.
Then I got the above sets from Kmart at a good price and the bug started again.
I wished I bought the Milenium Falcon months ago that was in Kmart for only $35 it looked so cool but I resisted and I have regretted it since. I have now been hoping that I will come across one but I have not seen any in months.......until today.......

There was about 10 of them at Kmart Bankstown square today for $35!!!!! I had my pick of the best looking paint apps and grabbed one immediately. I am a very happy man. So now the collector bug has kicked in, I can get these easily and they dont take up too much space plus I can play with them with my 20 month old daughter.

Tomorrow I am going to put some sets I saw at TRU on layby so I can get some more!!

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

haha nice Smile The whole mini chibi character phenomenon is great, I think it's fantastic that characters from wildly different licenses are getting similar scale/design so they all fit in with each other. That being said though I'm not starting because I know they will be like pringles!

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:20 pm

This reminds me i have to offload a heap of SHS.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mse6 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

PM...my son is after quite a few SHS.

mse6
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 273
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mousedroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 am

I will send you my wish list PM later as well, I have about 70 SHS but I want more! MORE!

We unpacked the Falcon last night and it is frigen awesome. It opens yp has that Chess/game board thing they play, the bay doors open. Then we put the batteries in!
It has a heap of cool sound effects and quotes. The hyperdrive breaks down then you have to fix it. It has Tie fighter sound effects, R2, C3po and chewy sound effects it is AWESOME!!
Oh and my daughter loves it to!

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:24 am

I just scored a red rocket droid at my local TRU. this is one of the roger roger droids but red and it comes with a clone with a gattling gun. I am pretty sure this droid is very rare and I have seen it on e-bay for high $. But its just going to get opend and played with by my 2 yo.

Also there from the same wave was Darth Vader and a storm trooper. I got a DV from e-bay but if any board members want me to pick it up for the PM me.
Also the rocket droid didnt scan at the register so I dont know if they are new or if they were not meant to have received this wave.

Also saw the cinema scene packs on an end. It looks like they may be getting ready to special them off. If so i will get me a rancor and an at-st

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 am

Reading this thread is like living vicariously through you, Otter. I so wanted to collect all of the SHS but I got really far behind which is why I gave up on them. Hearing you finding all the good deals on GH and getting most of it retail is really fantastic.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Otter wrote:I just scored a red rocket droid at my local TRU. this is one of the roger roger droids but red and it comes with a clone with a gattling gun. I am pretty sure this droid is very rare and I have seen it on e-bay for high $. But its just going to get opend and played with by my 2 yo.

Also there from the same wave was Darth Vader and a storm trooper. I got a DV from e-bay but if any board members want me to pick it up for the PM me.
Also the rocket droid didnt scan at the register so I dont know if they are new or if they were not meant to have received this wave.

Also saw the cinema scene packs on an end. It looks like they may be getting ready to special them off. If so i will get me a rancor and an at-st
Rare? wow i've got like 3 of them....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 am

DBF: Well since I came in late maybe its just rare on shelf at the moment so its rare to me. :-)

Thanks TST since I mainly only get ML, at retail has been very boring for me until I got into galactic heroes and look out for bargains.

I saw the TRU catalogue and those cinema scenes are on sale today for $20! So I will be out at lunchtime buying them, the rancor is hungry!!

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:07 am

Galactic heroes AT AT at Kmart. I bought one, I was a little dissapointed as I was hoping it would be as awesome as the Falcon but its only about half as good. I paid $44 if it was $30 I would have been happier.

Otter
hotter to trotter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top