The Amazing Spider-Man (3D) (2012) Official Movie Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (3D) (2012) Official Movie Thread

Post by Otter on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 am

I saw the new spidey trailer on the today show this morning. It does look awesome. It looks like its more along the line of Ultimate Spidey with his dad previously working at Oscorp. Even Peter Parkers hair looks ultimate spidey. Lizard looks cool.
Previously I wasnt excited about a reboot so soon but the trailer has me anticipating the release of this new one.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Just got back from an advance screening, very cool, the 3d didn't need to be there but the film was a pleasant surprise, the coupling of Garfield and Stone was much better than Macguire and Dunst.
Highly enjoyable!!

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 am

I think I might have been at that same screening, Hemish - Chermside, for the Broncos?
I mostly liked it - Sheen, Ifans and Leary were great, the action was a lot faster than the Raimi stuff and the Stan Lee cameo was priceless.
Lots to NOT like though - why did Garfield play Parker like some kind of idiot savante? The twitchy, almost childish mannerisms were a bit too Twilight for me. Stone was a standard damsel/love interest - yes, they were a better pair than Maguire/Dunst but still boring and unnatural. Sally Field was annoying as Aunt May - admittedly she's fairly upset for most of the movie, but she is as much a guiding force as Ben is in the comics, which was missing here.

Spoiler:
Now, who was the dude in Connors' cell at the end? What I could find on the net suggested it was the Indian dude, but the accent was wrong and he looked like he had blonde hair. Osborn? The actor sounded like Michael Massee, who ALWAYS plays a baddie Smile

3 out of 5 for me - was certainly no Avengers, but admittedly I am no Spidey fan. Bring on Batman I say!

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:35 am

Yep that was the one

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 am

was a good movie but it basically was the original sideman movie storyline with a few tweaks ..... origin, tragic science based bad guy, fight 1, fight 2, credits. bit of a recurring Marvel movie synopsis -

3D was a waste of time as it has been in every movie I've seen since Avatar and Tron (even Tron wasn't spectacular use of it)

Yes the fan boy in me enjoyed the movie but I just want each film to advance the character not just switch bad guys. Liked how the "spider sense" helped him fighting in the alley as if it was automatic and the crawling over the lizard was a nice touch and seemed comicy. I just wanted more in the story line

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3