MOTU Classics: The Thread - Part 2

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MOTU Classics: The Thread - Part 2

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:53 am

Yeah, well if you got your MOTU stuff for free, and early, every single month then I guess you'd be pretty happy too, I know I would... Laughing

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 am

Battle Cat is my pick for 2010 Toy of the Year.

Less than one day into the year, and it's already obvious. Shocked

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:44 am

DroothR wrote:Battle Cat is my pick for 2010 Toy of the Year.

Less than one day into the year, and it's already obvious. Shocked
Totally agree with you on that!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:48 am

Funny its not much bigger than the original but the original is bigger than that ugly 200X cat,Cant wait to get this.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 am

I didn't think the 200x version would be smaller than the vintage!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigSi on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 am

Well, my He-Man and Scareglow arrived yesterday, and I'm officially putting Adam at the top of my fave list for this line - he kicks much arse indeed!

I don't think I was into MOTU as a kid by the time Scareglow came around in the original lineup (bit after my time), but I'm really glad I got him - the details in the paint apps and the glow in the dark feature really highlight how much variety they can get out of this line with a limited range of unique parts.

Now it's just the wait for re-issue Skelly!

BigSi

Number of posts : 72
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-06

View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/simonsherry

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:56 am

Final Moss Man pics

silent

Why did they flock his ears?

Neutral

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 am

So he's gone from this prototype, which to me looked perfect:

To this, which to me has overlong flocking, making him look all puffy, has bizarrely flocked ears on the new non beastman head, looks very patchy around areas such as the shoulders, and has gone from slightly pensive to full on 'sad face'...and who can blame him, as he looks kinda like a chia-pet now.

I find him all a bit disappointing really. He looks more furry than mossy now, with the length of that flock used, and his all new head sculpt has largely been lost, with the covered ears and over-flocking issues. Think I'll be displaying the old beast man head on this one, which looks better to me in the pics.

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 am

While I don't think it's realistic to expect production figures to look like their prototypes, the glimpses of the production versions of Adora and Moss Man have been disappointing.

It's unlikely Mattel will actually improve their first-run production figures, but it's annoying if they simply plan on addressing production issues in a later run (like they did with He-Man) and seemingly expect people to buy "seconds" just to have the "corrected" figure in their collection.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 am

You know, when Mattel said they were going with "partial flocking" I was really hoping we'd get something like this: http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/mossmanflock.jpg

Not... well, what we're apparently getting. pale

The flocking is all wrong, and the colour scheme went from bright and vibrant, to dull and drab.

WTF.

DroothR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 am

From Matty's facebook page:

Hey everyone,

So a few quickies. First we hear you on Moss Man and the ears. Fans seem split but here is what might be possible.

Mossy is already in production. If (and that is an 'if") we can effect a change it means some fans will get flocked ears, some no flock. And it will be random. Are you okay with that?

Second, we had a great meeting with Digital River today and it looks like the bugs have been worked out. We'll also be updating the FAQ on the site to review the return policy as well as offer more information. If you are still having issues with an order, post your order number on Facebook and we'll get it resolved.

We're still looking into new shipping options and overseas distribution, but first we need to get all the kinks worked out before expanding to any new areas. The last thing we want to do is rush things.

So they had a meeting with Digital River and everything is magically fixed now, you know, until next time something happens, where Matty will blame DR once again, but still not actually do anything about it. We may see a running change to Moss Man, whichshould help sales as people order more in the hopes of getting the one they want, and the smaller run likely turns into hot variant fodder on Evilbay. And as international shipping options go, the line has been running now for over a year, but they still don't want to 'rush things'...so, business as usual then. So much for their promise that by 2010 there should be no more significant issues and everything should pretty much be running smoothly like a well oiled machine by the time the new year rolls around. Laughing

Oh, and there are rumours floating around that the SDCC exclusive figure to be revealed at their art of motu event this weekend is Dolph Lundgren as He-Man from the 80's movie. Though I would have thought a Frank Langella Skeletor to be more likely if they ever got the movie rights, as they wouldn't have to worry about actor likenesses...unless it's just an 'inspired by' based on the overall look or something. All Matty has to say on the mater is that the exclusive is "celebrity related"...my first thought was Man-E-Faces, Eternian actor supreme, but it'd be crazy to make such a wanted character into an SDCC exclusive, so that seems unlikely. Then again it is Matty we're talking about here, so... Maybe they're thinking of doing an SDCC exclusive MEF, with the old maroon weapons pack as an exclusive pack in, and a regular release that won't have the extra weapons, as the vintage MEF was offered in both versions. Or maybe I'm just way off. Find out in a few days I guess.

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Sledge Hammer! wrote:
Oh, and there are rumours floating around that the SDCC exclusive figure to be revealed at their art of motu event this weekend is Dolph Lundgren as He-Man from the 80's movie. .

Your KIDDING ME ? dolph movie he-man from one of the worst movies of all time ? IT WILL BE A HIDIOUS ugly thing at best EPIC FAIL and easy pass,what a waste of a exslusive spot.Why not ELDORE or KELDORE?

Very disappointed in mossman very dark green forrest fur is not moss man to me they also missed spots around the forarm peg joint,another fail.I might grow to like it when the figure arrives we will see.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigSi on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Well, if they go with a Dolph exclusive, then I won't have to worry about missing him. A Lubic,on the other hand, Wink

I'm starting to warm a bit to the Moss Man pics, but those ears will have to be de-flocked if I get him. I actually think that there's some cool customisation possibilities with the darker 'fur moss' - may have to suss out what model foliage would go well with it to give him a little foliage variation.

BTW - quick question - anybody got a good solution for loose ankle joints - my He-Man has a bit of trouble in that department, and it'd be good to find a fix (was thinking of wrapping one of the smaller packaging bands around them - anyone tried that?)

Cheers
Si

BigSi

Number of posts : 72
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-06

View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/simonsherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Well as AI said, it is just a rumour, and personally I wouldn't hold my breath for anything based on the 80's cannon movie, just seems rather unlikely to me, and the 'celebrity related' hint probably means something else entirely, but then again who knows how the matty mind works... Laughing

That said, personally I'd happily buy a Doph He-Man or a Langella Skeletor, but I'm just crazy like that. Laughing

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Loose joints

I have the same issue on a number of my MOTUC figures, notably He-Man and Man-At-Arms. MAA had fallen over drunk yet again yesterday and it's not like he's in an "extreme" pose.

Others use the super-glue/nail polish method - apply the super-glue or nail polish to the joint and keep moving it until the glue/polish is dry. I haven't tried it myself because I know I'll somehow end up with glue/polish all over the place.

I know others have used the bands on the neck pegs (particularly with Teela and Green Goddess), but not sure if anyone has used them on the other joints.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 am

Sledge Hammer! wrote:

Definately not as cool as the proto, but I still like him. I don't mind if I receive the flocked or non flocked ears.

Sledge Hammer! wrote:
That said, personally I'd happily buy a Doph He-Man or a Langella Skeletor, but I'm just crazy like that. Laughing

Same! Though Matty said ages ago we could only have the movie figures who were created before....which (bizarrely) doesn't include He-Man.

Maybe it's a Courtney Cox figure!! Laughing

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:25 am

serious, they never made a he-man movie figure? that's bizzare!

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:50 am

Mahzian wrote:serious, they never made a he-man movie figure? that's bizzare!

Indeed. They made 3 figures - Gwildor, Blade & Saurod:
http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries.php?SID=102&SSID=8

There are some customs over at the Org to show how cool the movie figures could look in MOTUC style:

Artistix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:05 pm

One thing about He-man.org, even though they are quite elitist about post etc.... they have some extraordinary talented customiser's.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:11 pm

The next revealed monthly fig-

Plus a more yellow Lyn and Screeeeech!!

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:13 pm

OPTIK, funny, he's the only original NA figure i have....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:45 pm

I love how they're pulling figures right out of left field to produce.....

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzcat on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Yeah, Optikk was the only one that caught my attention as a kid. Any thoughts on the four 'hint' weapons? Three are easy - shield belongs to She-Ra, the vial is from Keldor and the gold sword came with Thunder-Punch He-Man. The other shield, the silver one, has me flummoxed a bit - did Prince Adam come with a shield?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 603
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Some are guessing the shield is King Grayskull's (redeco)....
I'd rather not see another He-man so soon though.
There's also the suggestion that Man-E-Faces won't be too far away now that we have Optikk's crutch! Smile

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 pm

More pics:

Can't say Optic interests me too much personally, but he looks pretty well done for what he is, and it does get us more parts for the likes of Roboto and Man-E-Faces, which may not be too far away now... Evil Lynn and Screeech look cool too, really looking forward to them. And Moss Man looks a bit better in these pics, although his moss application seems quite inconsistent (look at the hands for example).

The idea of Keldor is cool, we already knew She-Ra was on the way, and I always liked Thunder Punch He-Man's look, so I'm down with him whenever they make him, though it seems far too early to make yet another He-Man variant already, if the gold sword is his, and I think most would be waiting for a Battle Armour Skeletor and Panthor instead, who hopefully should be on the cards soon.

Also there are now a lot of rumours that the 'celebrity' SDCC exclusive figure that was apparently pulled at the last moment and not shown, was to be the parody character Mo-Larr (Eternian Dentist) from Robot Chicken, and the Robot Chicken guys were apparently at the event. If true, that seems like a complete waste of tooling dollars spent on a pretty lame joke figure, but that's just me.

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next