MOTU Classics: The Thread - Part 2

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MOTU Classics: The Thread - Part 2

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:06 pm

I think Carnivus' biggest problem isn't that he's 200X based, it's that even though he was featured in three or four episodes, his total onscreen time would probably amount to less than a minute, and consist of only a couple of lines of dialogue. I think because of that even a lot of 200X fans were rather indifferent to him as a character, despite how well realised the figure version of him may well be.

I mean I myself was a fan of the 200X series, and while I welcomed the 200X inspired versons of Marzo and Keldor, and would welcome other characters such as Evilseed, or 200X inspired versions of characters like Evil Lynn or Prince Adam, I just find it hard to care about Carnivus at all. He's a nicely made figure, no doubt about that, but he just doesn't mean anything to me whatsoever, and looking at him I don't even get the usual motu universe buzz that most other figures at least have going for them either, as he is quite different and distinct from the majority feel of the motu universe characters to me.

Now I don't have a problem with him being made, but I can't say I'm all that surprised that he turned out to be one of the 'slow' sellers of the line this year. Of course the danger, as you mentioned, is in matty misinterpreting this and putting the kabosh on any further 200x characters because "they just don't sell well enough" (and despite the fact that everything still sells out eventually regardless). Hate to see that happen, but with matty so spoiled with insta-sellouts, that kind of situation does feel all too possible unfortunately...

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm not a 200X fan (simply because I've never seen the cartoon as opposed to not like the series and I did have most of the toys), but even though I liked Carnivus' design (a humanoid cat warrior - how cool), I couldn't justify spending $30.00 on a figure I didn't have any real "attachment" to.

My MOTUC collection consists of those figures I had as a kid and those figures I wished I had as a kid. And with the Battle-Cat re-release coming up, I'm saving my money for him. Speaking of which, what was the postage on Battle-Cat? The standard $10.00 or more?

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

Number of posts : 1327
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Xenaphobia wrote:...what was the postage on Battle-Cat? The standard $10.00 or more?

Cheers.
Exclamation Well, Gygor is HUGE, and only $10, so I would think that Battle Cat would be no more.

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reillyd on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 am

Is that $10 for a single Gygor? I ordered eight, and postage was about 40.
Still cheaper than most ebay sellers to post a single gygor out to australia though.

reillyd

Number of posts : 104
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DroothR on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 am

reillyd wrote:Is that $10 for a single Gygor? I ordered eight, and postage was about 40.
Still cheaper than most ebay sellers to post a single gygor out to australia though.
Yep, US$10 for 1x Gygor.

$40 for 8 is rediculous. That'd likely cost you near double to post that big a parcel locally. Shocked

DroothR
Dark Denizen of Bleak City

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://droothr.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d*r*j* on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:22 am

Postage for 1 Battle Cat was $15.55.

Postage for 1 Gygor and 1 Chief Carnivus was $9.95.

Generally one MOTUC ships from the states for $14.20 so this is a great postage price. Given that the mattycollectors website seems to be less hassles for us than for the americans.... I think we have it pretty good.

d*r*j*

Number of posts : 16
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:04 am

Some pics of the upcoming Buzz Off...

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 am

Oh and the Grizzlor pics from a couple days back, in case anybody missed them...

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:38 am

Groovy!!

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 am

Grizzlor looks awesome!

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor-El on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:59 am

Grizzlor's having a bad hair day. Razz

What I don't get is why are so many 200X weapons included, like Buzz-Off's axe?. Isn't that just a "modernised" version of his classic axe, as per the argument on Keldor's swords??

Jor-El
Deserves a NicNatPaddywhack

Number of posts : 1265
Trading Status : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:09 am

Looks like the palace guards won't be out till next year, but not included in the sub.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:48 am

Yeah just read about that too. I'd almost be kinda relieved in a way if it wasn't for the fact that there's already so damn much coming out next year anyway that pushing anything back in this line doesn't really give you any sort of a breather regardless, and the first couple of months next year are already going to be pretty brutal... Such is life collecting MOTU Cassics I guess. Laughing

BA Skeletor pics were revealed too:

Note: According to the facebook post this is not yet a complete and finalised version of BA Skeletor.

Also...

A lot more MOTUC greatness is coming in 2011. We should have the April figure to reveal soon. The sculpt just came in and looks fantastic. Once it is painted we'll reveal this next figure to the fans. Here is a hint, he is a member of the Masters....

Hmm, wonder who it'll be...

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Another dude for April! Bring on the ladies Mattel and 4H! My completely random guess for April is Mek-a-Nek, but since pretty much all of the trade marks filed to date have ended up being indicators of future MOTUC figures, I guess it will be one of those Masters who have had their name recently trade marked.

Grizzlor is looking good, but not quite as good as those other pics posted a while ago. As others have noted, it appears that it will be necessary to put She-Ra's comb-axe to work on Grizzlor's fur.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Tbh there are no other females Im looking forward to, I'm all in so I'm taking whatever comes, but meh.... My pick is Man-E-Faces...

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Ram Man!!!

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenaphobia on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 pm

DBF - You're not looking forward to The Sorceress?

In the (dated) words of Derryn Hinch: Shame, Shame, Shame.

Cheers.

Xenaphobia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Skeletor is lookin funky.

I''m looking forward to quite a few of the MOTU & PoP ladies. Marlena, Sorceress, Catra, Frosta, Bikini Teela, 200x Evil-Lyn, Entrapa & Angella just to name a few!

If they ever get Filmation rights Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Shokoti & Madame Razz will make for cool figures.

Shokoti

Octavia

Sharella (before becoming Goddess I gather)

There were some really nice looking women on the various MOTU councils as well. Some with blue skin....which I like. One is a giant turtle.

Council of Elders with Veena

Angella (by Baena maybe)

Obviously many of those characters are unlikely.

Some of the original designs may be a little corny, but you can be sure the Horsemen will do something awesome with them.

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 pm

like how buzz off looks, hope the unknown fig is man-e-faces!

TOo bad bout those army builders not being subscription, bloody useless. so if they are available at beginning of year, i expect i should be able ot get them in the middle of the year when they reissue them .!

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:33 pm

WTF??? I thought the subscription was a "ONE of EVERYTHING" deal Sad
***shakes fist at Mattel***

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:53 pm

It is, for next year (well kind of, it still doesn't cover the stands, the diorama pieces, the weapons pack, or the upcoming vehicle...), however the problem is that the guards two pack was supposed to be for this year, so even though the release date has slipped, if they added it as a part of next years all in sub then they'd have to bump out one of the other 4 large scale pieces that were set to be a part of the sub for it to replace.

This is due to the fact that they have already said that the sub will cost X amount of dollars (+ shipping), so they legally can't charge any more than that next year to subscribers. Thus they can't add anything to the sub now without taking away something else that was planned in order to maintain that balance. Or at least that's how I understand it to be anyhow.

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:59 pm

seeing as we dont know all figures that are coming out though*or do we?*, they prob could have shoved them in for later in the yaer and postpone one of the unknown figs?
ahh i dunno...

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoodDr on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm with you Sam. Given that we don't know what's even coming in 2011, bump out an unknown and replace with the Guards....
Or how about giveing subscription holders the "option" of adding the Guards to their 2011 sub. The reason I opted for the subscription was so that I didn't have to suffer the matty.com website.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Well we do pretty much know what the four large scale items are already though, that's the problem. Shadow Beast (confirmed 1Q), Panthor and Swift Wind (the latter confirmed to be 'after Panthor' and a 2011 release, so either 3Q or 4Q, with Panthor being either 2Q or 3Q) have all been verified as coming next year (unless something changes), and we know that the remaining slot is for another army builder two pack, rumoured to be the Horde Troopers.

So even if you wanted to push the other army builder 2 pack back until 2012, then with the current slotting you'd have to wait for the guards until at least 2Q (April next year at the absolute earliest), or else bump back the Shadow Beast until 2Q, either of which would likely result in Matty having to store one of those produced product somewhere for at least a couple of months, which would cost serious money, or else they would have to rearrange their entire production run order at their factories, which would also be expensive and problematic.

Also because there are two $30 items, and two $40 items, the only things they could choose to bump and still remain within their subscription pricing model is either the $40 Shadow Beast, or the other two pack. Neither Panthor or Swift Wind, or if one of those slips, anything else used as a replacement in that same price range, can be bumped for the guards two pack because of the cost difference.

So I kinda get why they are doing things the way they are in this case to be honest, even if is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Sledge Hammer!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 pm

stop using logic!! arght!! I wish to rant !!

lol.

but a sad, sad lol.

they really should have had a bit more option for subscriptions though. THis day and age of technology and preordering should be bloody walk in the park, its just stupid they cant figure out how to do it properly. ! Then there would be no need to boot figures, as we would have just been able to select ahead of time. but nooooo, that would be too easy.

rant rant stomp stomp sam smash!! grr argh!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next