DC Direct Batman v Killer Croc Statue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DC Direct Batman v Killer Croc Statue

Post by mikman42 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi.I was after other peoples opions on the Batman V's Killer Croc Statue you can check it out on dc directs site.I love it and have put in my pre-order also what about the dc dynamic statues of Aquaman and Wonder Woman couldn't help myself there also now just waiting on the G.L. one.Any thoughts? about these and the Batman and Superman ones as well.Cheers

mikman42

Number of posts : 16
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DC Direct Batman v Killer Croc Statue

Post by Sledge Hammer! on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi, and welcome.

I'm really looking forward to the Killer Croc vs Batman statue, in fact DC's 'vs' statue range has been quite strong in my opinion, and, unlike some D Direct product, particularly older pieces, the paint and quality control on that range has been really good too. I love the Batman vs Joker piece, and the Darkseid vs Superman and the Wonder Woman vs Ares ones were both quite good too, as was the Superman vs Wonder Woman piece.

Though not officially part of this line, the older DC Direct statues of The Flash vs Captain Cold, The Flash vs Gorilla Grodd and Green Lantern vs Sinestro are all nice pieces as well, and fit in well with this series of pieces. I especially like the Captain Cold vs Flash one myself, but then I was always a Captian Cld fan. However it should be noted that the Sinestro vs Green Lantern piece is notorious for breakage around the ankles, so if you ever go after that one on the secondary market make sure you get one that hasn't cracked at the ankles where Sinestro and Hal join to the base, as many suffered from that problem over time. It's a nice piece if you can find an undamaged one though.

As for the upcoming DC Direct dynamic busts, personally I think they're a bit over priced myself, quite a bit even, but design wise they are quite nice. I'll wait and see how the final versions turn out before even considering any of those myself though.

Sledge Hammer!
Never gets his package stimulated

Number of posts : 934
Trading Status : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikman42 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:06 am

I have heard of the problems withe th DC G.L. v Sinestro.Statue and would love to find one i could inspect which is the problem.I saw the full size Flash v Gorilla Grodd on e-bay AUS not long back and am kicking myself for not trying harder to win it but it should pop up again.I agree that the dynamic range is a bit expensive and are not true FS but when i saw Aquaman breaking the surface and the water dripping off of him i was sold who knows the price might drop even more as they started at $195US and are $150US at the moment.I was only going to get the G.L. in that range as well until the missus saw Wonder Woman and what could i say? no(Ha Ha)i'm just a bit worried about how delicate the water on Auaman could be.I just hope they stay true to the Bats v Killer Croc Solicit

mikman42

Number of posts : 16
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top