Blackest Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blackest Night

Post by simmo on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 am

Anyone reading this? I've decided to give DC a bit of a go while I've got some time off work, and thought Blackest Night would be a good intro.

It's pretty good, I reckon. Black Hand looks like a really creepy villain, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Age : 37
Location : Sydney
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by Mahzian on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:07 am

hell yeah! blackest night is freakin fantastic so far, geoff johns is an amazing writer. really looking forward to what happens in this series!

I was lucky enough to grab a free black lantern ring from my local comic shop when i bought blackest night #1 Very Happy

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by BoloMusashi on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Reading what I can through Green Lantern. I normally read GL Corps via trades so I'll do the same with Blackest Night,

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Age : 38
Location : Perth, WA
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by TheMyth on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

been reading since rebirth. first issue was one of the best superhero titles I've read in a while.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Yeah, Rebirth got me into GL too - if only DC had given the reigns to Final Crisis to Johns instead of that hack Morrison - I met Geoff Johns at Supernova in Brisbane a few years ago, really nice guy.
Now.......

Spoiler:
Does anyone else think the whole thing is going to fall about for Black Hand because that ISN'T really Bruce Wayne's skeleton? Let's start hedging some bets on who it was in the batsuit in Superman's arms....

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane, QLD
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by TheMyth on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:59 pm

fuzzcat wrote:Yeah, Rebirth got me into GL too - if only DC had given the reigns to Final Crisis to Johns instead of that hack Morrison - I met Geoff Johns at Supernova in Brisbane a few years ago, really nice guy.
Now.......

Spoiler:
Does anyone else think the whole thing is going to fall about for Black Hand because that ISN'T really Bruce Wayne's skeleton? Let's start hedging some bets on who it was in the batsuit in Superman's arms....

Spoiler:
I think it is the husk of bruce wayne, hi inner self was transported back in time

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm

TheMyth wrote:
fuzzcat wrote:Yeah, Rebirth got me into GL too - if only DC had given the reigns to Final Crisis to Johns instead of that hack Morrison - I met Geoff Johns at Supernova in Brisbane a few years ago, really nice guy.
Now.......

Spoiler:
Does anyone else think the whole thing is going to fall about for Black Hand because that ISN'T really Bruce Wayne's skeleton? Let's start hedging some bets on who it was in the batsuit in Superman's arms....

Spoiler:
I think it is the husk of bruce wayne, hi inner self was transported back in time

Spoiler:
Really? I didn't think the Omega Beam created another body for your 'spirit' though, when it blasted you into the past or the future - most other times it's been used, all that's remained is a pile of ash, and the 'victim' has been bodily moved through time. The fact there was a full skeleton in a batsuit makes me really suss - I honestly don't believe that was Bruce's body, and I also believe that that fact will be part of the Black Lantern's downfall - I just can't work out how.

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane, QLD
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by TheMyth on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Spoiler:
I can't see the biggest green lantern event in years being solved simply by the body not being bruces. I think it is bruces 'old' body.

I guess we can only wait and see.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Myth, your last spolier thing didn't work.....
Spoiler:
And I'm not saying solved, just a contributing piece of the Black Lantern's defeat - I can just picture there being an impasse where Black Hand thinks he has the advantage because he believes the skull is Bruce's and it's the source of some power and then he finds out it's not - why only carry his skull, why not make him the first Black Lantern? It seems too coincidental to me personally.....

But like you say, we have quite a bit to go in the story yet......

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane, QLD
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by TheMyth on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:23 pm

fuzzcat wrote:Myth, your last spolier thing didn't work.....
Spoiler:
And I'm not saying solved, just a contributing piece of the Black Lantern's defeat - I can just picture there being an impasse where Black Hand thinks he has the advantage because he believes the skull is Bruce's and it's the source of some power and then he finds out it's not - why only carry his skull, why not make him the first Black Lantern? It seems too coincidental to me personally.....

But like you say, we have quite a bit to go in the story yet......

Spoiler:
but that skull did distribute rings to hawkman and woman at the end, it ain't your every day skull now is it?!?

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by fuzzcat on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:27 pm

TheMyth wrote:
fuzzcat wrote:Myth, your last spolier thing didn't work.....
Spoiler:
And I'm not saying solved, just a contributing piece of the Black Lantern's defeat - I can just picture there being an impasse where Black Hand thinks he has the advantage because he believes the skull is Bruce's and it's the source of some power and then he finds out it's not - why only carry his skull, why not make him the first Black Lantern? It seems too coincidental to me personally.....

But like you say, we have quite a bit to go in the story yet......

Spoiler:
but that skull did distribute rings to hawkman and woman at the end, it ain't your every day skull now is it?!?

Spoiler:
Aaaaaand we come full circle - I started out by saying it doesn't make sense for that to be Bruce's skull - so any predictions on who it might be? Who else was in that building where Darkseid was holding Bruce - I'm gonna pull my issues of Final Crisis....
But I'm also going to enjoy the ride - who wants to know all the secrets, right?

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane, QLD
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by TheMyth on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 pm

fuzzcat wrote:
TheMyth wrote:
fuzzcat wrote:Myth, your last spolier thing didn't work.....
Spoiler:
And I'm not saying solved, just a contributing piece of the Black Lantern's defeat - I can just picture there being an impasse where Black Hand thinks he has the advantage because he believes the skull is Bruce's and it's the source of some power and then he finds out it's not - why only carry his skull, why not make him the first Black Lantern? It seems too coincidental to me personally.....

But like you say, we have quite a bit to go in the story yet......

Spoiler:
but that skull did distribute rings to hawkman and woman at the end, it ain't your every day skull now is it?!?

Spoiler:
Aaaaaand we come full circle - I started out by saying it doesn't make sense for that to be Bruce's skull - so any predictions on who it might be? Who else was in that building where Darkseid was holding Bruce - I'm gonna pull my issues of Final Crisis....
But I'm also going to enjoy the ride - who wants to know all the secrets, right?

very true indeed. discussion and speculation is always fun though.

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by Mahzian on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:09 am

hmm interesting arguements about the bruce wayne connection guys!

Spoiler:
I always found it suspicious in Final Crisis that there were Batman clones in Darkseid's HQ and thought maybe Bruce got zapped and sent back in time and Supes went in and grabbed one of the dead clones, I'm hoping that Bruce is really dead though and that is his real skeleton because I'm really enjoying the Batman titles...

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1041
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by TheMyth on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:22 am

Mahzian wrote:hmm interesting arguements about the bruce wayne connection guys!

Spoiler:
I always found it suspicious in Final Crisis that there were Batman clones in Darkseid's HQ and thought maybe Bruce got zapped and sent back in time and Supes went in and grabbed one of the dead clones, I'm hoping that Bruce is really dead though and that is his real skeleton because I'm really enjoying the Batman titles...

totaly agree, the bat titles are the best they have been in years

TheMyth
Busted by Adam & Jamie

Number of posts : 935
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne
Trading Status : 33
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by fuzzcat on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:58 am

Spoiler:
Didio has stated that Bruce is indeed alive (which annoys me - I have no problem with organic, evolutionary change - Dick as Batman works, just as Bucky as Cap is cool, so why bring back Steve at all?) - just how and when he might return is conjecture

Spoiler:
I also have to say about Blackest Night #1, I'm glad it was Geoff Johns who got to take the Hawks out, considering it was he who did all the hard work bringing them back in the first place

fuzzcat

Number of posts : 602
Age : 36
Location : Brisbane, QLD
Trading Status : 36
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by The Scream Man on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 am

i hope that isnt the last of the Hawks myself....

i got into DC around January, and Green lantern has rocketed to my 3rd all time favourite character (Behind spider-Man and Tim Drake/Robin). i loved Rebirth and all that has happened since.

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Night

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:53 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum