Payng American friends?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Payng American friends?

Post by drspleen on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:43 am

Just a question guys, how do you pay money to American friends? I tried to deposit some money into a relatives account. But the details (bsb, acc# etc) she gave me and the details commonwealth asked for didn't match up. In the end we agreed that I'd just pay her at Xmas when I next see her.

How does everyone here make personal transactions? Paypal? If you make direct bank deposits can you explain the codes the Americans have? The one I had the main problem with was the BSB...

drspleen
Brother to DrPancreas

Number of posts : 551
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Payng American friends?

Post by BoloMusashi on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:58 am

IIRC you normally get slugged with transfer fees when you transfer funds between local and overseas bank accounts - either a % of the total amount you're transferring or a flat rate, e.g. $20. PayPal might be easier or cheaper maybe the same with a money order.

BoloMusashi
Man I'm Dumb

Number of posts : 1508
Trading Status : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah I'd definitely recommend PayPal. Probably the most secure method and you know that it has definitely gone through.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleCletusKasady on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Im not %100 sure but i think you need an IBAN number (International Bank Account Number) to transfer money into the account. Your friend will need to find out from the bank what that number is then you have to go into your branch and fill out a form with all the details to prove your not a money launderer (i wish i was kidding) This is what i had to do to send money both from here to the U.K and from the U.K to here.
If your friend can wait for the cash just do that as the banks here slug you something terrible for this kind of thing.

UncleCletusKasady
Throbbin for a big Fat, Man

Number of posts : 960
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Octane on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:11 pm

The american banking system is not intergrated in any way. (The cheque is still very much a way of life in the USA) I have enough trouble transfering from one bank account to another in the same bank without writing out a god dam cheque.

For the past 7 odd years of trying to figure out what was the best, cheapest and fastest way to get money from my bank account in the USA to my bank acount in Australia and vice versa. (Child support) With all the fees and charges and hoops you have to jump thru I have found it is just best to go with paypal.....

(That being said if anyone has any problems sending money to your US friends since I have bank accounts in both counties I can help if asked very nicely)

Octane

Number of posts : 232
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top