Nick Fury 3-3/4 (Aussies miss out again?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Fury 3-3/4 (Aussies miss out again?)

Post by awe on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:43 am

I couldn't see an existing thread for this so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I've been debating getting a subscription to Marvel Digital Comics for a while (has anyone noticed how certain comic book stores will immediately jack up prices when the AUD tumbles but now that its up at $0.80 they don't budge? Anyway, off topic...). So when I saw that they are offering up a Marvel Universe Nick Fury with each subscription, that was the last push I needed.

http://marvel.com/news/toystories.8229.Get_a_Nick_Fury_Action_Figure_for_Free~excl~
http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3477

But it looks like its only available for those in U.S. and Canada. Which leads me to my question. Does anyone suspect that other regions will have some other kind of redemption with their own allocation of these? Or maybe someone has heard that they will be added in to a future series anyway. Just keen on hearing about it because its always frustrating when I feel Oz misses out. I don't know about you guys, but when I find something is difficult to get I seem to want it all the more... I could rant about it for a few more paragraphs, but I digress.

I'm loving MU (Fury Files) at the moment and I'm glad that they are showing up in TRU and Big W. Although the price pinch means I have to hold back the urge.

awe

Number of posts : 489
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Fury 3-3/4 (Aussies miss out again?)

Post by Mahzian on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 am

ahhh that would be a giant pain, sorry can't help you out with any info there but I share your frustration when these companies only offer items to people in specific countries, it always comes off as less of a logistic issue and more of an elitest one :S

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spitcurlboy on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:06 am

like wal mart exculsives

spitcurlboy

Number of posts : 100
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 am

That thing is ugly as sin. Doesn't seem like we're missing out on anything good.

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awe on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 am

TheSweetestThing wrote:That thing is ugly as sin. Doesn't seem like we're missing out on anything good.

That's been my initial reaction to most of these and then, I dunno, they kind of grow on me. I think I'm more forgiving of the 3 3/4" scale then at the Toybiz vs Hasbro 6". Was going to pass on the lot and somehow now have 8 on my shelf.

On a side-note... Fury still seems to have that silly lip curl. I understand he had it on the Marvel Legends figure because Toybiz were forced to remove the cigar (not a nice example to the kiddies) but I wonder why Hasbro kept it?

Going to let it go now. Seriously. Any second now.

awe

Number of posts : 489
Trading Status : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

if your going to collect MU get ready for lots of exslusives,2 packs and box sets of the same character with mayb one needed character in those packs like super hero squad.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top