DCUC CUSTOMS - Animal Man, StarMan and Honnu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DCUC CUSTOMS - Animal Man, StarMan and Honnu

Post by The Scream Man on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 am

my old thread was a batch of photos to large for the new forum, and I didnt want to bother with re-doing them all.

BUT I am prettty happy with some of my DCU customs, and thought Id share them here.

The Green Lanterns Im mostly happy with, but i need a way to give them decent logos. Im working ona Modern Kid Flash now where i have been doing some embossed logos; if that works I might sculpt ones for the lanterns as well. Anyhoo...

GREEN LANTERN ALIEN
- No one special, i just had a Cpatain Atrom with reversed forearms around, and thought Id use him to hlp build a core. I added a little green stuff over the nose n chin to make him look different and started modding!

GREEN LANTERN ALIEN
- Same deal, but this is from the Hal Jordan GL from the 2 pack. i added the mutton chops and resculpted the hair a little to make it different to Hals, as well as he costume change.

GREEN LANTERN JOHN STEWART
- John was an Amazo. lost the eartips and added the hair, then just repainted him. I know we;ll get a real one soon, but iwanted to try an actual character.

GREEN LANTERN HAL JORDON (MODERN)
- Hal is just the classic with a repainted crothc area so he looks like the modern version.

BATMAN (Black.Grey)
- Just a Batman with black repaints. Im just happy all the joints have no paint to rub off on Smile

Short Hair Superman
- I dont know if u can tell, but i cut off the rear and the sides and built new hair onto their with Green Stuff.

GREEN LANTERN ALIENS
These were a variety of figures i had lying around. I did these about 6 onths ago, i think some of my newer ones are better. Made from:
-Human Torxh from the first FF movie
-Archangel with some sculpty
-Sue from FF Movie
-Lizard from a Spidey line, I sculpted a costume over him, then pained
-Link from Zelda. sculpted over his headand hat to make it look like a headpiece and painted. I really like how alien he looks..

Again, I need to figure out a better way to do the GL symbol. Ill sculpt them if this flash one Im working on works out how I hope. We'll see

OK, im much happier with these ones.

TEMPEST
- simply a repainted Camo Aquaman, but i was really happy with how he came out. I was worried Id need to resculpt the hair, but next to Aquaman he still looks pretty different. His magic are some spare firestorm energy thingies i had lying around.

AQUAMAN - Joseph Curry
- This is the Alt from series 2 with some mods. took the shoulderpads and sword from the first appearance DCD figure, repainted the face with the skin a bit darker and the eyes black, and made his hair a lighter blonde. then sculpted armbands onto him, and repainted the lower arms. He still has the scale pattrern, which Im going to go and fix when i get time, but for now I'm happy with him.

KILLER MOTH.
- Blasphemy I know, but while i liked the sculpt i hated the colours. SO, i repainted hima dark grey with some gold highlights. Even sculpted the logo on and painted itt o make it tand out. He looks much more menacing now.

HAWKMAN (MODERN)
- Ive become quite the JSA fan and wanted to mod hawkman to match that. So I sculpted buckles onto his harness, added some puches off a Face off Cap belt and sculpted a fly to his pants (That sounds worse than I intended) I gave him some basic wrist bands, repainted and Im pretty happy witht he result! I took some rear pics but u dont see much with the wings so I didnt bother updating.

HAWKGIRL (Modern)
- Again, being a JSA fan i wanted the new Kendra version of the character. Sculpted the shirt over her existing tanktop, filling in the gaps on the side and back. Cut off her hair (Which means she looks straight on and now down now), sculpted the forarm braces and the wraps on her arms. The gems should be red, but i only had a glear blue or green, so I just went with blue. Added some faceoff cap puches and a couple of sculpted ones. I added a chain but it kept coming off so I gave up on it. oh, and i cut out the earigns and filled the mask in.

I know botht he hawks have different helmets now, but i prefer the look with the smaller eyes. Im toying with making hawkman have stuble and a hairier bod, but havent decided if it'll just look silly ot not.

CAPTAIN AMERICA (DCUC VERSION)
- Lastly, my only Marvel character. Red Tornado body with a sculpted belt and headpiece. Cut the ears off a Face Off cap and gave him the shield. Im MUCH happier with this than the Marvel Caps, none of which sell me on the character just right.

Last edited by The Scream Man on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Scream Man
Something funny about gerbils and pussies..

Number of posts : 774
Trading Status : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCUC CUSTOMS - Animal Man, StarMan and Honnu

Post by Sam on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Very good screamy =-)

u need to do some macross customs and show on here ;-)

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:10 pm

fodder for Macross stuff is a tad expensive Sam Wink

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 am

pff, thats no excuse! Mind you, i still have tried weathering ANY of em, nor decaled anything.....hmmm...just an old 1/60 v1 would be cheap-ish though!

Sam
Good trader, better whinger

Number of posts : 1231
Trading Status : 1000
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile http://samscustomz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hemble on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Very nicley done the Green Latern guys are great well done.

Ron

hemble

Number of posts : 126
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://www.hemblecreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanx Hem Smile

Sam - i do Panel lining on all valks, though my gundam pen supply is out Sad

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scream Man on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:46 pm

ANIMAL MAN
- Superman Blue and Green stuff. i wasnt happy with this and nearly didnt finish it, but once I added the goggles it all came together for me Smile

STARMAN
- Star Man was a Dr Impossible with greenstuff for the mask and bootcuffs. Im not 100% happy with the stars, which I think are all a bit big, but its nott o bad overall.

HONNU (Green Lantern)
- The Lantern who preffers to use his fists to fight, Honnu is Thing (F4 movie) with Green stuff. I hand drew the symbol but it came out better than the other lanterns, which Ill go and re-do at some point.

The Scream Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deno on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm

they look awesome, well done Very Happy

Deno

Number of posts : 102
Trading Status : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drspleen on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 am

Animal Man was one of my favourite characters as a kid. Awesome custom!

drspleen
Brother to DrPancreas

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 am

really digging starman and tempest dude!

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top