Marvel Universe Figures

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marvel Universe Figures

Post by Otter on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 pm

I got a good Ms. Marvel original from Target on Sunday. I opened her the same time as I opened my ML Punisher. The comparison just shows how $hit these little ones are the 6" are in a different stratosphere.
But as Hasbro are not releasing a lot of the figures I want in 6" I will still pick up the odd MU size, like it or not.

Otter
hotter to trotter

Number of posts : 773
Trading Status : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightcrawler on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Pick up a few DCIH and you can stage little mini-wars between the DC and Marvel figs...

Nightcrawler

Number of posts : 225
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixo on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:31 am

Found the first wave of Marvel Universe "Secret Wars" comic 2-packs at Minotaur @ $35.

All three there at lunchtime today.

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 800
Trading Status : 29

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahzian on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:08 am

$35 for two of these?! :O

Mahzian
/\ Giant Trunk Between Legs

Number of posts : 1043
Trading Status : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PBO on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:14 am

Managed to pick all of them up for $15 on ebay, postage was the shocker, but in the end i got all three for $40. If you buy them from ebay you can get a really good deal sometimes. Other times not.

Has anyone seen a Bullseye for sale in the stores yet? I have a couple but i have seen bullseye once when they first came out but i did not get it for some damned unknown reason (Dont shop when smashed).

PBO

Number of posts : 24
Trading Status : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 am

I just received the Secret Wars second set in the post today consisting of Hulk/Cyclops, Magneto/Black Spidey and Iron Man/Spiderwoman (Julia Carpenter version). Only took 7 days after paying the guy on Ebay, in California to here using the cheapest postage rate. Worked out about $18 a pair - great. For those Marvel collectors out there that are collecting these and don't be afraid to admit it, these are great for the scale that they are. Yes they are expensive, no more than Star Wars or GI Joe however and I am tiring of the knockers with nothing better else to do but comment on the fact they don't like them and the price they are even though they have posted several times their own feelings about them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but repetitiveness is an early sign of Alzheimers. If you don't like them or think they are too expensive write a complaint to Hasbro.
The Hulk has had a new headsculpt which is an improvement on the original. Cyclops is a standout to me.
Magneto very good and Black Spidey with no blue hilights looks better to me than the single carded. Another Iron Man I could do without but Spiderwoman is fine. If Legends has run it's course then I am more than happy to collect the Marvel characters I still want in this scale. However Hasbro how about more villains?
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

Number of posts : 304
Trading Status : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 am

No offence iceman, but here we promote the aussie way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and they are all welcome to share it as often as they like, you on the other hand are sounding a little negative, so expect some differences of opinion and don't knock others for having theirs, especially when it comes to these small pieces of garbage.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

Number of posts : 2344
Trading Status : 101
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PBO on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 am

Its not the size of the figure, its what you do with it that counts.

PBO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:21 am

How did I know you would be the first one to bite? Your answer reflects everything I stated previously and as I stated, yes everyone is entitled to there opinion but you voicing your opinion every time somebody that likes these, as being pieces of garbage is you being negative towards the people that are prepared to purchase them. I notice you are a huge fan of MOTU as I am but even if I did not like them I would not jump on the site and sledge them every time someone else purchases one. Think about it.

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:25 am

I have, MU are garbage.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:31 am

I have quite a large 6 inch marvel collection, from toy biz and hasbro, and hasbro trying to charge more for less, rubs me, and MANY others the wrong way, my opinion and i'll share it with the world..... MOTUC on the other hand, are plastic masterpieces, and you would be hard pressed finding anyone who thinks they are garbage, whether they buy them or not.......

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Iceman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 am

What's so Aussie about the obsession you seem to have with calling the product garbage. I am sure everybody else that posts and reads these pages know your thoughts on the product by now, all I am suggesting is why don't you go post some positive stuff where people might actually care about your thoughts.

The Iceman
Wants to ride your tail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistix on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 am

Awww, Iceman!! Don't be like that.

I know it can be annoying when people trash something you love...just ignore his post if they bother you.

flower

Artistix
So many hauls, so little time

Number of posts : 2291
Trading Status : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:48 am

I'd just like to say, in no way is this a personal thing, i just hate the feeling of being taken advantage of, and i am an advocate of vocalising such. So icey my friend, this is in no way against you, this is 100% against hasbro, so much so i had a massive go at them at SDCC 08 in person. I could fill threads with my opinion on these, so as art said, if you take offence, just ignore me, but unless they drop these things price by $7-$10, i will have my say.....

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mse6 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Whta did Hasbro say in reply at SDCC???

mse6
Technical Admin

Number of posts : 273
Trading Status : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.mousedroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteOwl on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 pm

I don't collect them, I neither love or hate them....I think they did a really good job with Iron Man at that scale. The thing that drives me crazy personally is that they make characters at this scale that fans of ML have been asking for, for ages.

NiteOwl
The Goggles Do Nuthing!

Number of posts : 1337
Trading Status : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nivek on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

I've said it before - I'm a big fan of these things. I've collected most (if not all). I'm having fun swapping GI Joe 25th anniversary heads on some of the MU bodies.

I hate that they are $16-$19 each - but it is not stopping me. I'm paying more on evilbay for those that have not arrived. I did the same for ML. Star Wars have been approximately the same amount of money for the last 10 years.

I recall the day when ML were at mass retail for $12-$15. Those days however are almost 4 years ago (Big W had the Apocalypse series).

What would be interesting is if Hasbro were to mass retail their ML at retail (I know that they are not really releasing a great number of new product). The last I saw were Hulk figures at TRU and they wanted $30 (before they reduced them). I know that Aldi and Crazy Clarks picked up some also - however I do not really consider those to be "mass retail".

Surely no one would expect Hasbro (or even Toybiz) to sell ML in the market today at the same price they were sold 4 years ago.

I'm not trying to defend my choice but my mumma used to say if you have nothing positive to say..... (or was that life is like a box of chocolates) - I forget!!!

Sorry about the rant.

Happy hunting

nivek

Number of posts : 82
Trading Status : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dabigfella on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Ok, no worries, we should all just be positive about being ripped off, and enjoy the experience??? Sorry, and no offence nivek but your mumma was wrong. 4 years ago Toy biz were selling ML for $12-$15. Today i would happily pay the $20 they would charge, for the articulation and sculpts, and in keeping with the same scale they have made and sold SUCCESSFULLY for almost a decade. But hasbro has, for years, sold smaller far inferior quality star wars and gi joe for however long, and have now dragged ML down with them. Not that i'm saying these are bad toys, sculpts= OK. paint is good, but not in comparison to ML. So to charge equal to the 6 inch versions, plus as Nighty says, make the figs fans have been screaming for in ml scale is a slap in the face, and negative or not, people have the right to say so. My problem here is with the figs, not with the people who collect them, so if anyone is taking it personally, sorry you feel that way but as i've said, i have my opinion and i'll share where i see fit, and where better to share opinions about action figures but on an action figure forum?

Dabigfella
Mr Motu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:16 am

Dabigfella wrote:Ok, no worries, we should all just be positive about being ripped off, and enjoy the experience??? Sorry, and no offence nivek but your mumma was wrong. 4 years ago Toy biz were selling ML for $12-$15. Today i would happily pay the $20 they would charge, for the articulation and sculpts, and in keeping with the same scale they have made and sold SUCCESSFULLY for almost a decade. But hasbro has, for years, sold smaller far inferior quality star wars and gi joe for however long, and have now dragged ML down with them. Not that i'm saying these are bad toys, sculpts= OK. paint is good, but not in comparison to ML. So to charge equal to the 6 inch versions, plus as Nighty says, make the figs fans have been screaming for in ml scale is a slap in the face, and negative or not, people have the right to say so. My problem here is with the figs, not with the people who collect them, so if anyone is taking it personally, sorry you feel that way but as i've said, i have my opinion and i'll share where i see fit, and where better to share opinions about action figures but on an action figure forum?

This,hasbro are only about profit margins not for the fans at all.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PBO on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:28 am

Has anyone seen or bought the Giant size double packs yet?

PBO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nivek on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 am

I've only seen the Giant Size on ebay and on a few figure websites. I think they are meant to be Walmart exclusives - so they may not arrive in Oz.

Some guy is selling both on ebay for $100 US + postage ($30 US) which is very steep!!!

Most US people interested in this line think that they will be around $30 US on the shelf.

Happy hunting

nivek

Number of posts : 82
Trading Status : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 am

They're starting to come out in the states...I might get the Skrull one to put with my ML. He looks very cool.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PBO on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:37 am

I just want the Bucky/Captain America. I am a bit tempted to draw the line at these and the Spiderman Amaizing Friends packs.

PBO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 am

PBO, if I can source the pack, you are welcome to the Bucky/Cap. We'll work out a price split.

simmo
Fap Happy Daffy

Number of posts : 998
Trading Status : 55
Registration date : 2008-02-15

View user profile http://ozfigurama.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightcrawler on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:33 pm

OK I just got me a Wolverine figure (movie/comic version so not technically MU) for $10 which is the most I'm prepared to pay for one of these things at this size, and am comparing it to my DCIH figures I paid about $12 for. The Marvel articulation is better, but that's about it. I actually like the quality and sculpts of the DC line better overall but the lack of ball jointed hips really brings DC undone as far as finding a cool pose for them, esp for figures with capes, which have to awkwardly bend over forwards to balance.

Nightcrawler

Number of posts : 225
Trading Status : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top