eBay auctions - to pimp or not to

View previous topic View next topic Go down

eBay auctions - to pimp or not to

Post by Pixo on Fri May 29, 2009 7:48 am

Hi,

I don't have any problems with members advising of items on eBay. It's not like I don't/haven't bought from eBay. However since I certainly don't log in to eBay and search on a daily basis, there's every likelihood I might miss an auction that I may otherwise have participated in. If I get a heads-up via this site at least its targeted to us as a market so long as they're relevant (ie. figures).

If this is likely to open the floodgates to first-post users exclusively posting eBay auction links this could be managed by having a specific eBay forum section, or limiting eBay posts to users with >50 posts.

If members choose to offer gear via the forum prior to eBay then that's good toy karma. If they go eBay first well that's managed by supply/demand.

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 800
Trading Status : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Re: eBay auctions - to pimp or not to

Post by Shocka on Fri May 29, 2009 8:15 am

Agreed completely, and I like both of your suggestions - either having an eBay forum section (in which we can point to auctions on eBay as well as pimp our own auctions) or just limiting posting auctions to users with x posts.

We're all collectors in the same boat here, and I subsequently feel its polite and generally goodwill to offer anything here for sale or trade before putting it up for public auction - that's the sort of thing that separates the proper collectors, who want to help others get the toys they want, from the people who just want to make a buck.

Shocka

Number of posts : 522
Trading Status : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri May 29, 2009 8:24 am

I'm having a short attention span moment (and I'm at work) but isn't this basically what we're doing in the FS forum now?

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dr Of Style on Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 am

The Admin & Mods do contact members who only have posted in the trading forum and gently hint that the main aim of this place is to foster a community/discussion rather than beating the ebay commission when selling. Most people here keep to that and not surprisingly those posters seem to disappear quickly anyway. I think Pixo has covered the common sense approach well above....probably not worth making an extra forum for something that only happens intermitantly....but if things change we're always happy to make updates.

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixo on Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 am

I was spirited to write something after reading Jor-el and DBF's responses to Retcon's post in the trading section is all.

Pixo

Pixo
Aussie slang for Pixie

Number of posts : 800
Trading Status : 29

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1074937977

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSweetestThing on Fri May 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Good to know you're interested in the site's wellbeing anyway. Sorry about my post I just wasn't quite comprehending what you meant Smile

TheSweetestThing
Only bows down for Droothr

Number of posts : 1536
Trading Status : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top