Budget

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Budget

Post by The Dr Of Style on Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 am

Ok with the minimal understanding I have of these things it didn't seem too bad......less benefits for the wealthy re private health insurance....higher pensions which we'll have to be older to get..... a couple of things I don't really get is why cut into the incentive for people to put additional money into super.....surely the eventual result of that is more people relying on the pension than self funding their retirement......and with the huge numbers of baby boomers this will lead to a huge cost down the road for pensions......and I still don't understand the cuts to the solar panel rebates....surely this was a good way to start working towards lower emissions.....while providing jobs..............on another point... did anyone watch cutting edge last night.....a short doco on how screwed the US economy currently is with an ever increasing defecit ....started by good old G Bush, who chewed through a surplus, let his fathers policy of if you spend somewhere you must cut somewhere lapse while funding 2 wars "off the books" and giving 2 waves of large tax cuts......saddly now Obama needs to go into defecit further to help stimulate a struggling economy......on the back of this Krudd thinks we'll pay of our defecit in 4 yrs........not too sure on that one....

The Dr Of Style
Has Zero Offence

Number of posts : 1454
Trading Status : 45
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://cglcustompaint.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Budget

Post by TheGoodDr on Wed May 13, 2009 6:30 am

A lot of families who have private health insurance are hardly 'wealthy'. What they are is less of a burden to the public health system as they are able to go to private hospitals for treatment.
It is predicted that the removal of the private health care rebate will simply place increased pressure on the public health system as many will now no longer be able to afford private cover.

TheGoodDr
Lance Corporal in the Kiss Army

Number of posts : 1187
Trading Status : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile http://www.FiguresDirect.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by YJ on Wed May 13, 2009 12:49 pm

The private health care rebate is middle class welfare. If someone is earning $125k a year they lose the rebate, but they are getting a very nice tax cut which is easily more than what they will lose out on if they had private cover. I'm pretty sure that four years is what it will take to get the budget back in balance, paying off the debt comes after that...

YJ
Y Not J?

Number of posts : 210
Trading Status : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Wed May 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Im glad they followed through on the broad band fiber optic cable, 50mbs , sweet as!

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish on Wed May 13, 2009 3:34 pm

I work for a land developer and I dont get the need to keep a boost on buying established houses. I would have scrapped that completely and put it all into people that build a new house, be they first home buyers or not.
Still it was nice to see them leave the boost on till september at its current state.
I'm still not sure on a few things but we will see how it goes, I really want to see this broadband plan come to fruition, I cant believe how badly we get ripped off in this country for our so called super fast broadband.

Hemish
Likes a good dead camel pillow

Number of posts : 902
Trading Status : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile http://www.katoots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ragericho on Wed May 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Hemish wrote:I really want to see this broadband plan come to fruition, I cant believe how badly we get ripped off in this country for our so called super fast broadband.

Just as long as telstra has nothing to do with it,it will be good.

ragericho
Loves (and I mean loves) his vegetables

Number of posts : 1244
Trading Status : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top